Search the forum,

Discuss bathroom extractor fan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted808

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi Guys
Can I wire in a bathroom extractor?. Cables are in solid ceiling. Can only access cord pull for light and light fitting- seems like there's L N E in the light fitting and L SL in the fitting - the fan has a timer I think I got the wrong one.
Cheers ted

• :willy_nilly:

You need permanent live in addition to switched live for timer to work.

As above also depending on what zone it is in it might need to be 12v

I'm not sure but bathroom electrics used to be 'notifiable' and as such the person doing the work or certifying it needs to be suitable qualified and certified.
Just be aware that if it is notifiable, you DIY it and you have an electrical fire your insurance company could invalidate your insurance!!!!
Be very careful.

Hi Guys
Can I wire in a bathroom extractor?. Cables are in solid ceiling. Can only access cord pull for light and light fitting- seems like there's L N E in the light fitting and L SL in the fitting - the fan has a timer I think I got the wrong one.
Cheers ted

You should have L Ls N E on your light fitting. Take a 3 core + e from there to isolator (check if required by manifacture) then from iso to fan.

If 230v fan is fitted above bath or shower then it must be above 2250mm or be 12v

No it is not notifiable work. A minor works cert is recommended.

Good luck

Hi Guys
Cheers ted

You should have L Ls N E on your light fitting. Take a 3 core + e from there to isolator (check if required by manifacture) then from iso to fan.

If 230v fan is fitted above bath or shower then it must be above 2250mm or be 12v

Good luck

Good luck

Thanks I think I'll get a sparky as soon as you say switch live my brain goes bzzzzt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to bathroom extractor fan in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock