Search the forum,

Discuss Bath waste leaking when bath drains in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Bath waste - Google Drive

I have attached 3 photos ,the pipe with the white cap on is leaking when the bath drains,when I open it up it has the blue cap on shown in the picture ,if I remove that I side is a like a rubber seal/ grometwhich has a pin on the bottom that goes into a hole and can be felt from the outside underneath when in place ,it's looks intact and I have cleaned the inside of the gunk ,but it still leaks slowly

Thanks for any help

I didn't fit it ,not long moved in and bath panel was cracked ,took it off and there was signs of slight leak,so did some tests and seems to be leaking from that area .It looks fairly new and space does look tight ,any ideas why it may be leaking ? Thanks again

Difficult to be sure from the photos but it looks possible that the bottle is being pulled away from vertical by the outlet pipe so the seal is not seating correctly. My guess is that someone replaced the original trap with a new one that was a different size and used too much brute force and not enough tape measure to get it in.

is the waste pipe empty and not full of water?

White pipe eg remove the trap is the white pipe full of water or clear

Reply to Bath waste leaking when bath drains in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock