Search the forum,

Discuss Bath/shower mixer hot to bath but goes cold when put to shower? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Ben-gee

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Going to look at thermostatic Hansgrohe ecomax today, the customer says it’s fine on bath fill but goes cold when put onto shower.
I thought both went through the thermostatic cartridge and am unsure how what see says could happen.
It used to work fine, I can only think cartridge is on its last legs and doesn’t function at the reduced pressure that occurs when going up to the shower head?
Any ideas on what I should be looking for?

I'd be checking pressures, when using the bath side of the tap, the resistance will be minimum but while trying to force water through the shower head, the resistance will be much greater and will allow the cold to over power the hot if pressures aren't balanced.

Clowns had put it in with tank hot and mains cold, I’m more surprised that it ever worked than that it doesn’t work now.
Other thing is that when you turn it on nothing comes out for 15 secs then it’s ok. I believe the non- return valve on the hot has been compromised by the cold main over the years and is harder to open than it should be, I think it’s been forced further into its housing than it is designed to.
However this could be false.
I hate picking up on someone else’s crappy work...

Reply to Bath/shower mixer hot to bath but goes cold when put to shower? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
Hello, We hade a problem with our hot water not working in one of our bathroom's (all other outlets were working) Therefore we got the Thermostatic Shower Valve changed and everything was working again. However a few days later, both hot and cold no longer works for the bath and the hot...
Replies
Views
We have a pumped shower with a thermostatically controlled mixer valve. My wife complains that when she is having a long shower (hair wash etc) the shower runs at the right temperature for much of the time but suddenly changes to run cold, usually during the hair rinse time, for no apparent...
Replies
Views
Hello, and thanks for taking the time to read. I'm trying to work out if the idea I have is practical? The water pressure in my newly renovated house (4 bathrooms is tragic). Current set up is: A hot/cold mixer in the main ensuite which is ok as long as you don't run anything else. One electric...
Replies
Views
hello all, happy new year! i hope i have posted this in the right section i have a shower bar mixer. the shower runs luke warm. a quick google search showed some ideas on how to adjust it. i tried adjusting it and it didn't change the temp. when i adjusted it the other way to test the cold...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock