Search the forum,

Discuss Bath Pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Ian K

I am a relative novice to plumbing can someone advice me on the following? I am replacing a bath which has a 15mm cold feed and a 22mm hot feed.I want to fit a monobloc bath filler but the tap tails are 15mm.Can I use a reducer to connect the 22mm to the 15mm pipe or will it affect the water flow?It is a gravity system usual cot water tank in loft hot water tank in cupboard

i would check the working pressure of the monobloc tap first as 15mm tells me it needs a working pressure of 1 bar.
which will be no good on a gravity system.

AJS- The taps have a min water pressure of 0.2 bar and a maximum of 0.8 bar.

thats ok
i know your hot is gravity fed and 22mm just reduce down to 15mm.
is the cold gravity or mains ?

ajs The cold is mains fed.Does it matter where along the pipe I reduce? The bath filler comes with 15mm copper tails

If the cold is mains and the hot is gravity, you must fit a double check valves to prevent cross contamination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bath Pipes in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock