Search the forum,

Discuss Basin waste blues With a leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

jaydebruyne

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
why is it that 90% of basin wastes leak if you use the washers they supply. Fitted 3 of the same wastes today in 3 different basins and all leaked.

You’d think manufacturers would test their crap products!!! :mad:

Don't use the washers

Use sausages

Ptfe the thread where nut sits
Bin rubber on basin side and use silicon
Bead of silicon between bottom of basin and rubber

You should have to but they leak otherwise

Every now and then you get a decent rubber, flat one side and domed into the basin hole

I silicone all my wastes, shouldn't have to but saves doing it twice.
So do I, both sides - just make sure you don't block the overflow hole if it's a slotted one.

I’m with you Simon.
Silicone for me. Cleaned off with wonder wipes. I know there a pain to replace, but all I want is leak free :)
Exactly, nothing worse than a leaking basin waste behind a pedestal!! :mad:. Spend the extra time and do it right the FIRST time :cool:.

I normally bin the top washer and silicone the waste to the top of the basin, and depending on the rubber underneath I silicone the top of the rubber and seal it to the basin then the nut. But all 3 wastes leaked. Swapped the wastes today and not 1 leak. o_O

I normally bin the top washer and silicone the waste to the top of the basin, and depending on the rubber underneath I silicone the top of the rubber and seal it to the basin then the nut. But all 3 wastes leaked. Swapped the wastes today and not 1 leak. o_O
What makes?

Reply to Basin waste blues With a leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock