Search the forum,

Discuss Basin cold tap to securely take hose pipe or Hozelock fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
My customer requires a garden tap at the front of the house but the pipe route is a 600 mile torturous route which involves going over the staircase and along lounge skirting, there's no way.

The only solution is to put a wall mounted garden tap in the downstairs toilet but I said if the Hoselock fitting pops off it will go all over the floor.

I wonder if I can take the cold tap off the basin and either somehow fit a garden tap or somehow take the headgear out and shove it in the top but it would need to seat properly.

Ideally not a jubilee jobby as they pop off as well.

Can you fit an outside tap fed from the basin ?

Run the pipe under the floor or in the ceiling cavity?
Taking a tap headgear out to connect the pipe to doesn't sound the way to go for me.
Is the downstairs loo at the front of the house? Can't you tap in there?
You'll have the 'popping off and flooding' problem with any demountable fitting, needs to be hard piped until it gets outside.
Sometimes you need to say no, it's your rep on the line if you don't do it right.

Reply to Basin cold tap to securely take hose pipe or Hozelock fitting in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock