Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Barber Wilson kitchen tap leaking in the Valves & Taps area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. WPr

WPr New Member

1537089443115756126027.jpg 15370895374051206734902.jpg 15370895374051206734902.jpg Hi all,
    I inherited with my new house a lovely three piece Barber Wilson kitchen tap in polished brass finish, no longer so polished but looks great. I replaced the cylinder due to dripping cold tap.
    I now have a new more worrying leak from the base of the riser swan neck. Water is seeping out from where the swan neck fits into the base. My question is do I need to replace the whole swan neck or is there a service part washer etc I can replace ?
    [​IMG]

2. chris watkins

chris watkins Plumber

Is it where it swivels from ?
    We love Barber Wilson proper English taps, almost certainly it can be repairs, most likely it is just a new 'O' seal required.

3. WPr

WPr New Member

Yes it is coming out the base around the neck of the pipe where it swivels.

4. WPr

WPr New Member

I have know idea how to remove it and strip it down. The brass is easily damaged so hesitant to start trying without knowing how to remove it to check parts.

5. chris watkins

chris watkins Plumber

New O ring required. Not sure how the spout is held in, most likely a small grub screw, speak to Barwil tomorrow & they should be able tell you & what size O ring you will need.

6. WPr

WPr New Member

Will call tomorrow thanks.

7. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR

Barber Wilson will supply you with spares you need I have dealt with them on several occasions . Kop

• Like Like x 1