Search the forum,

Discuss Barber Wilson kitchen tap leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

WPr

1537089443115756126027.jpg
15370895374051206734902.jpg
15370895374051206734902.jpg
Hi all,
I inherited with my new house a lovely three piece Barber Wilson kitchen tap in polished brass finish, no longer so polished but looks great. I replaced the cylinder due to dripping cold tap.
I now have a new more worrying leak from the base of the riser swan neck. Water is seeping out from where the swan neck fits into the base. My question is do I need to replace the whole swan neck or is there a service part washer etc I can replace ?
tn5iKF18ZvyAz2wZ7

View attachment 34480 View attachment 34481 View attachment 34481 Hi all,
I inherited with my new house a lovely three piece Barber Wilson kitchen tap in polished brass finish, no longer so polished but looks great. I replaced the cylinder due to dripping cold tap.
I now have a new more worrying leak from the base of the riser swan neck. Water is seeping out from where the swan neck fits into the base. My question is do I need to replace the whole swan neck or is there a service part washer etc I can replace ?
tn5iKF18ZvyAz2wZ7
Is it where it swivels from ?
We love Barber Wilson proper English taps, almost certainly it can be repairs, most likely it is just a new 'O' seal required.

I have know idea how to remove it and strip it down. The brass is easily damaged so hesitant to start trying without knowing how to remove it to check parts.

New O ring required. Not sure how the spout is held in, most likely a small grub screw, speak to Barwil tomorrow & they should be able tell you & what size O ring you will need.

Barber Wilson will supply you with spares you need I have dealt with them on several occasions . Kop

Any tips on undoing the nut? I've tried leather strap with vice grip, the extremely dilute vinegar on the top of the nut, and finally WD40 on the top of the nut, and no go. Just ordered the highest-rated strap wrench for polished pipes from Amazon... Hoping once I can get the nut off, the Barber Wilson "leak repair kit" (2-piece brass circle plus 3 o-rings) will do it. My faucet is a RFC1030.

btw, the aerator in the "leak repair kit" they sent me doesn't fit my model (drops below the bottom of the screw-on brass piece at the end of the swan neck). They don't seem to know who made the original aerator in my faucet (even though it's only about 12 years old): They said Neoperl, but Neoperl says it's not theirs, from photos I emailed them. Fortunately, my aerator isn't the issue. At least not now.

I have a leak in my Barber Wilsons China 1010, got a new cartridge and tried to install but still leaking...both pillars to the counters are leaking to. Any ideas how to fix? I love this faucet and do not want to replace...

Reply to Barber Wilson kitchen tap leaking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock