Search the forum,

Discuss Banging expansion vessel when turning on taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, had a new pressurised system put in about a year ago...long long story bu the guy whom put it in does not have the greatest aftercare available...lets leave it at that!

Anyway, all is working fine with the exception of when the taps have not been used for a short while, if you turn them on (or the shower) then the expansion vessel bangs for a few seconds. Once you have flow then everything is fine, no further noise. If you turn the taps or shower on slowly then again no banging.

Its not the end of the world, well not till you turn the shower on at 5.30 and you wake the rest of the house up with 'bang, bang, bang'.....been the topic of numerous early morning irritable conversations!!!!

Any help appreciated.
thanks
Darren

Afternoon. It may not be the expansion vessel. You need to find yourself another G3 unvented qualified engineer.

thanks for the response, the noise is definately coming from the expansion vessel, I have a video of it but the site wont let me upload it. I can feel it when i have my hand on it and hear it clearly when i am in the loft next to it when someone turns on the taps.
thanks

Reply to Banging expansion vessel when turning on taps in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock