Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Ballancing an S Plus Plan heating system in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Dan Masey

Dan Masey GSR

Hi all, i have to ballance a system which has half underfloor and half radiators. the underfloor is fine, however the radiators need ballancing. would you suggest having the underfloor switched on or off to ballance the rads correctly? each zone has a seperate 2 port.

there will also be an 3rd zone going in soon with another 2port. should these zones be done seperatly or together?

Thanks.

2. steadyon

steadyon Active Member

The aim of balancing is to make sure no one element of the heating system takes more than its "fair share" of the heat available from the heat source.

If you balance the system one zone at a time you have no way of knowing if that zone is using all the available heat, so you have to balance it with all zones running. This would not apply if, for example, it was a given that under floor and radiator zones would never be on at the same time, but this is pretty unlikely.

3. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Top Contributor!!

Don’t forget that underfloor must not get too hot. Burnt feet etc. , radiators Are a different protocol Centralheatking

4. Dan Masey

Dan Masey GSR

ive always kept my minifold at 55 degrees. its wooden underfloor with spreaderplates. wouldnt say it burnt my feet but its on max?

5. Rob Foster

Rob Foster Top Contributor!!

That’s fine it’s more directed at screed and tiled floors, not good if they go Lala centralheatking