Search the forum,

Discuss Bahco Adjustables poor quality! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
My father had his first adjustable spanner confiscated by his mentor during his apprenticeship.

The bloke said "every nut has a correctly sized spanner, learn them all by sight" and took it.

Dad tells this story quite often! I don't think dad was impressed. Had to buy a full set of imperial spanners which took him months. Fat lot of good they are these days!!

Doesn't surprise me best.
I gave up using the bahco's on tap heads.
Just have a ring spanner in the bag now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bahco Adjustables poor quality! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
I want to replace the taps in a bathroom sink but im having trouble finding a tap wrench of the correct size: 1 - to fit the back nut. 2 - to get access under the sink behind the tails The back nut measures 37 AF and the tap tails are the fixed copper type which look fixed to the tap body...
Replies
Views
Hello I've seen a lot of posts on bahco adjustables but what has been boggling my mind is what are the differences between the 6071, 8071, 9071 ect ? As far as I know bahco are now owned by snap on who also make quality tools, are the modern spanners that bad? Please post your thoughts opinions...
Replies
Views
I am replumbing my lakeside hunting cabin (totally off grid, water from a well or the lake, solar power through a battery bank and now a large generator, place is wired throughout for12v and always has been. Now, with the addition of a generator and a scrounged hot water cylinderwith an...
Replies
Views
I am having a real problem with a leak that commenced a couple of months back re my folk’s WC. It is a straightforward Armitage Shanks low-level type (relatively old) that started leaking underneath the WC from the siphon connection. I took the thing apart and it appeared that the siphon sealing...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock