Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Bahco 15mm and 22mm cutters in the Plumbing Tools area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. JTplumbingservices

JTplumbingservices New Member

thinking of buying the twin pack for £25 on Amazon.
    I’ve read mixed reviews on these , anyone had any expeorience with them ?
    Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  2. townfanjon

townfanjon Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Sorry never seen them or used them but it’s generally good gear .

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. gmartine

gmartine GSR

Used them but not owned them, true cutters certainly but a bit unwieldy compared to Rothys especially the 22mm.

4. Best

Best Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

I have that set. Bought them very cheap.
    Rarely used them.
    They have a more rounded edge which is nice to grip when turning them.

5. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Got a link?

6. JTplumbingservices

Just type bahco pipe cutters into the search bar .. same set is £30 in Screwfix

7. JTplumbingservices

It’s generally my preferred make of tool but I’ve just never tried their cutters and some reviews say great and some say terrible

8. island fling

island fling Member

I have them as a spare set in the glove box of the van. I went back to my rothenberger set as I wasn’t a fan of the Bahco, as other have said they take a while to cut. I used monuments for a while, really liked them but gave them to my apprentice when he was starting out.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Tim S

Tim S New Member

Used several different cutters...found the Bahco's took more rotations to complete cut. Currently using a Rigid combination cutter which is mint

10. JTplumbingservices

After hearing everyone’s opinion I think I’ll give them a miss and get the Monument auto cut’s or Kopex again

11. Ric2013

Ric2013 Plumber Top Contributor!!

I find my Monuments (even the metal bodied ones) tend to nozzle the end of the tube and now use them rarely, only when I am really tight on space. I have a Monument adjustable cutter (tendency to act as a threader if not used with great care) and a miniature Rothenberger adjustable cutter (which is brilliant). I have a Tornado cutter too and it's better than my 15mm (plastic-bodied) Monument autocutter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. JTplumbingservices

I had the standard metal monument ones years ago and they were good, recently had the plastic clamshell type ones that you open and close but they were pretty ****. I was thinking about Nerrad too but they are expensive

13. Ric2013

Ric2013 Plumber Top Contributor!!

Interesting. I find the plastic 15mm one is worse than my metal 22 and 28 ones, but I've yet to find an automatic cutter that would make me give up on my adjustable ones..

14. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Nerrad are good I have had them 2 years plus now and still cut well i have the bigger ratchet type cutter to great bit of kit 15mm - 28mm . Kop

15. JTplumbingservices

I fancy the nerrad ones but they were like £30 for the 15mm ones alone , the bahcos were £25 for 15 and 22.