Search the forum,

Discuss Bad toilet hammer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nzmanc

Every time I flush the toilet there is a real awful hammer. We have a bottom feed torbeck fitted. Can anyone recommend a better float valve?

I think the best on the market are Fluidmaster Pro45B.

Not sure if they are the best, but I've been told that and fit them out of choice myself. Fast, quiet filling and they have a brass shank.

Its not your cistern ball valve that's at fault, it's the one in your storage tank in the loft, assuming you are indirect (tank fed)

Replace the brass 15mm ball valve in the storage tank, if it still happens, ask the plumbers merchants for an equilibrium ball valve.

It is normally caused by a fluctuation in pressure, and or, a poorly seated diaphram...........change it.

The problem was quite a simple one to fix. Id moved in and opened the stop tap fully. Turned it another half closed and its fine now. The only problem now is finding the right balance as the electric shower cuts out if the pressure drops.

Is there a service valve (eg a screwdriver operated one) just before your cistern? If there is you can partially close it to get the same result without effecting other parts of your system, if there isn't might be worth getting one put in to do this (+ water regs state you need one).

make sure pipes are well clipped and also if two pipes are knocking together can also cause hammer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Bad toilet hammer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock