Search the forum,

Discuss back boiler flue damage???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was written and posted at the same time as your post. Glad you finally saw sense and listened.

Now wind your neck in.

im not making them up to suit my needs...doesnt bother me whether its relined or not, the owner wanted to see if there was other options and thats what im doing...at least im asking rather than just doing...im a wall hung boiler installer...only installed a few back boilers so i came on here for some advice

so if you have almost no experience why be so dissmissive about the replys you got from experienced engineers? You could have phoned gas safe and got shot down, you could have phoned the manfacture and got shot down. You got advise from here and argue?? you should know that as an engineer you stick to the regulations for good reason. It would have not been hard for you to find the the answer yourself if you wanted to look through your regs,tech books.

ive been on so many sites about this its doing my head in....2 big companies are tellin me its ok...but i still checked the MI spec...it didnt say anything about the flue in iit..i went onto a load of flue sites and didnt get much info...im just on here looking for advice pal..not on here for agro...again i state,i couldnt be arsed if i have to reline the flue im not being argumentative but when im being threatened its a different story....i was just stating what ive been recommended, but because even after the recommendation i still wasnt happy i wanted to consult this forum to make sure...give me abit of respect

what if i get a 45 degree spigot off the boiler, attach a new flue piece, insert it into the damaged one after cutting the damaged piece off obviously, insert it up a couple of feet and put a heat resistant sealant around the gap...sorted.....no?

have you completed CCN1? this is fundamental safety and is covered in various modules of training, complete flue liner, one entry point for air and one exit point for POC's

whats wrong with using an adjustible flue liner elbow and attaching onto a spigot..explain "no letal" when its gonna be sealed up?

its not allowed thats why, listen to the expert advice you are being given here

well im gonna do it and do the spillage and co tests and ive been in contact with 2 major flue installation companies about this and they told me it was legal and ok to do so i dont know whatyer replies are about...your not explaining your answer very well

and you have this advice in writing from these 2 major flue installation companies? (do such companies exist?) name them, cause anyone who is willing to write down advice is confident it is the correct advice, you are dangerous

andd p.s if ya cant have a relevant answer with being a smart bum...dont bother writing at all

i will give you a relevant answer, you are imcompetant and dangerous, DO NOT DO what you are suggesting it is a bodge and you may injure someone,
what age are you? and what experiance do you have? your arrogance is dumbfounding, PLEASE take someone with you to your friends house or they could get injured

do ya honestly think im gonna give you my number....look ive changed me mind...im just saying i was told by the flue installers that it was ok...i'll tell them they need to get it re-lined...i was just asking why it was unsafe if it was sealed thats all...i wasnt getting any answers back just abuse..couldnt be arsed anymore

i have already posted asking your age but to be honest this post has answered it
get a grip of yourself, of course you wont post a GSR number because i pray to my God that you dont have one, cause i work in training and you are the sort of plankton that the guys on here give me pelters for them being in the gas industry

im after sayin this twice now...im not going to do the job...im going to say it has to be relined...if i was dangerous i would have done it without asking..i didnt write to the companies i rang...are yous even reading my comments

Last edited by a moderator:
im after sayin this twice now...im not going to do the job...im going to say it has to be relined...if i was ****in dangerous i would have done it without asking..i didnt write to the companies i rang...are yous even reading my comments

name them and i will contact them to discuss their advice is wrong, but i will give you a bit of advice (Lord knows why TBH) but when you phone a company for advice get it in writing either fax or email as proof that you were advise this by the manufacturer etc,
and as for your comment "if i was @@@ dangerous" you ARE

i didnt explain it right....i want to put the new flue up as far into the old one as possible and seal it up..how will that come apart if its properly sealed...i want like a 45 degree turret bend comin off the outlet of the boiler and fire cement the new flue into the turret

apart from the suggested bodged connection of pushing dissimilar flue pipes together there is a minimum distance needed before any bends in a flue, you are suggesting giving nothing, this is a recipe for for a flue that might not draw properly

apart from the suggested bodged connection of pushing dissimilar flue pipes together there is a minimum distance needed before any bends in a flue, you are suggesting giving nothing, this is a recipe for for a flue that might not draw properly

thanks pal but im not gonna do the job anymore...just going to tell them to reline it

im after sayin this twice now...im not going to do the job...im going to say it has to be relined...if i was ****in dangerous i would have done it without asking..i didnt write to the companies i rang...are yous even reading my comments

You're from over here! SGas or CCTS?

this thread is still going on ???
jez.
it does make a good comedy read - like eastenders or x factor or summit like.
cant be sgas, steve wouldnt let him out of door !
seing as the thread is continuing to my horror, can we take it off topic and make it more comical ;)

all my love. x

No don't it's to riveting. Keep it going.

listen ban me if ya like but im glad i asked this because ive searched forums and couldnt find any info so if ive helped engineers looking for info and help with this well all the better...and to everyone who wrote back with relevent info other that trying to mock me its been much appreciated all the rest of you should be ashamed

Last edited by a moderator:
listen here sherlock..what the **** is your buzz asking questions..im after stating on many occasions now that i came on here for advice and on many occasions ive stated that im not doing the job and that im recommending relining the system...do yerself a favour..get off the net and get yerself a woman ya obviously have nuthing better to do than be a ****in "hero"

I had a woman once. She sent me insane. I once tried to fit one flue liner inside of another when I was at my maddest.

thread closed,we will not tolerate abuse and bad language towards other members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to back boiler flue damage???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock