Search the forum,

Discuss Back Boiler disconnected. Downstairs Rads luke warm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

creekchubpikie

Bought a 60 year old house which had a fire backboiler and an oil fired heating system.
When I turned the oil on, the back boiler heated up and downstairs rads where only luke warm.
I never intend to light the fire so I disconnected the back boiler.
System got power flushed and a new pump installed.
Rads downstairs are still luke warm.
Upstairs and hot water are fine.
Help Please !

Heating system is a 2 pipe system with the pipes entering into the bathroom from outside on first floor.
It seems to be that the water is not being pumped downstairs.
Before and After photos attached.
I connected a hose to the top of the kitchen rad, and hot water came flying out from both pipes so there is no blockages.

Attachments

• after.jpg
    after.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 26
  • before.jpg
    before.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 16
You'll need a heating engineer in I'm afraid, my old son. It could be down to a myriad of reasons ranging from being incorrectly installed in the first place to a cock up made when the back boiler was removed.

Whereabouts are you? One of us might be nearby.

I am in Carrickfergus, just outside Belfast. Son knows a plumber so will get him round when he's back from holiday next weekend. Thanks for the reply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Back Boiler disconnected. Downstairs Rads luke warm in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock