Search the forum,

Discuss Atag feedback please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

64degrees

Gas Engineer
Been approached by ATAG ( and their snazzy demo van) and was impressed with build quality, flow rates and flue recovery.
Interested to hear from any one installing them on the pros and cons - sorry if this been covered already, feel free to point me at a previous thread!

Yes mate fitted one in my own place and has performed extremely well dont bother with the 27 economiser though the hotwater is nothing special especially in this cold snap pre heat is always on , fit the 35 or 39 is my advice find em hard to sell where i live as the price is a bit higher but no regrets really has weather comp, built in passive heat recovery, and smart control . cheers kop

Thanks for the info - looking at fitting em in three newbuild houses, to meet the SAP calcs. Appreciate what you saying about selling them, not much advertising so a bit of an unknown from the customers point of view.
Looking to underfloor the ground floor of the new builds, I’ll check with ATAG on the wiring front, see how many controllers they want to sell me!

Should do you a deal bud the rep who brings the van to you will be able to help you out they have to sell so many a month i would check on the best way of controlling two heating circuits all the best kop

Been approached by ATAG ( and their snazzy demo van) and was impressed with build quality, flow rates and flue recovery.
Interested to hear from any one installing them on the pros and cons - sorry if this been covered already, feel free to point me at a previous thread!
Definitely a Mercedes under the combi boilers especially with the weather compensation sensor. It is not the cheapest but quality wise it’s definitely worth spending the money. The weird thing is Vaillant offers the same but sells the passive heat revcoery unit separately. In Germany it is already build in like the Atag boiler. In my opinion when it comes to servicing or changing parts the Atag version will be a lot easier as the boiler cover is not just the front panel but side as well. It is a lot more spacious compared to the Vaillant.

It’s the inbuilt heat recovery that’s got me interested - wouldn’t be surprised if it becomes more popular with other manufacturers down the road. I hope the servicing and parts replacement has been well thought out, seems like there’s not much aftersales support and the installer is expected to be the first point of contact for the life of the boiler.

The jig is very good
They are well made
Back up seems very good so far

Im not a fan of the expansion vessel and the display isnt as simple as some of the other manufacturers

Hey Scott,
The rep did make it clear he’d do all he could to make sure parts and support would be available, to be fair living out in the sticks most parts are overnight from my local independent.
Why aren’t you a fan of the expansion vessel ? Is it the remote fitting to squeeze it in a kitchen cupboard ?

Good boilers and customer service to be honest from what I have experienced.
Thanks for all the feed back - notice it’s all from top contributors , and no ones popped up to slate them.
Have heard of some issues wiring them, maybe a wee trip to Scotland for some training is on the cards

10year warranty so you may well get the first call but i would be passing it on to Atag. Kop

Screenshot_2018-03-18-20-15-14.png

Screenshot_2018-03-18-20-15-34.png

Screenshot_2018-03-18-20-15-42.png

Screenshot_2018-03-18-20-15-52.png

Hey Scott,
The rep did make it clear he’d do all he could to make sure parts and support would be available, to be fair living out in the sticks most parts are overnight from my local independent.
Why aren’t you a fan of the expansion vessel ? Is it the remote fitting to squeeze it in a kitchen cupboard ?
I believe he doesn’t like it in case he has to change it quite difficult to get to especially when you hang the boiler right underneath the ceiling.

Hey Scott,
Not easy to access and 8l but its a small gripe. I could list things i dont like about all boilers

Nice install. Is that a spirotech filter lurking in the shadows? Plastic filters for plastic boilers eh!
Don’t get me wrong I’m not overly worried about callbacks , always focus on water quality when fitting a new boiler,

20180319_084706.jpg

20180319_084722.jpg

Magnet lifts out open the drain point into a container to remove the debris. Kop

Joined up today, looking forward to fitting the first one
You wished you would have always customers wanting boiler like this :) you will be surprised how easy it is to hang the boiler and to connect it up especially the condense site and prv site of it :)

Definitely go with weather compensation sensor

I just had the demo chat and was impressed with the boiler, looks like it was designed by someone who actually works on them, parts easily replaced etc... so far tried the sell on my last two installs, the barrier I find is they’re a complete unknown around here and the pricing is up there with the big boys , Valliant, Worcester...

Same here mate they are top end but you get quite a bit for your money i am struggling to sell them though , dont bother with the ic 27 economiser fit the bigger ic 35 the hotwater delivery is far far better but other than that its hard to beat really . cheers kop

I do agree with you KOP , lovely boiler, it may become easier on the sell once the changes come in , in April ... I hear some of the other posts saying that the new regs will be hard to regulate but they could be useful for us to up sell and be able to install a better more efficient system ..

All ATAG boilers have a SS hex with lifetime warranty

Last edited:
I've asked about being an installer for them but as i don't install loads of boilers every year said that not worth there while.

(Quite a few elderly customers with boilers v.near end of life wanting a new reliable/efficient replacement in next year or two)

Also they didn't want the rep coming all the way to windswept Cornwall to demo but mentioned i am happy to travel to where he would be demonstrating to potential installers within 200miles+ if reqd.

Looking at getting rid of my current install that the builders put in almost 20years ago as per a previous post (gledhill boilermate & potterton suprima40).

Happy to put my money where my mouth is & buy complete setup with controls from manufacturer and if good enough will recommend to customers in due course

Like the quality and all the efficiency features on the IC Economiser combi as daughter like 45 min showers & i like a good one if back is giving me grief after work.

It is either the Atag IC economiser or maybe a Ideal Vogue S18 & U/V 210l cylinder with full wc & controls from manufacturer.

Any advice is appreciated,

Cheers,

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Atag feedback please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution I could see. I'm in Brisbane, Australia but I'm after general ideas from anyone here or in UK (I realise this is a UK based site). Point form...
Replies
Views
I see that there was a post in November that refers to a LARGE leak, but ours is much smaller (needs topping up every ten days to two weeks, perhaps a litre over that period). It has been going on for about six months. The boiler is new since last year; however, to cover all bases, we called the...
Replies
Views
A number of issues have been raised from a boiler replacement. Boiler not operating and with no pressure. Tile damage Sprawling pipe layout in kitchen (Retrospective view of alternate option when it was found that promise of removing pipes from airing cupboard could not be fulfilled). Battery...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I have had a few quotes and been given lots of differing advice, this always makes me wary, especially having suffered a history of poor quality work by...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Am new to the forum. Some of what I will be discussing has been covered in previous threads but I feel my situation is a bit more unique. I am an individual who has worked for the civil service for the past 20 years (am just shy of 40) and am looking for a career change. In my spare...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock