Search the forum,

Discuss Asked to price fit only......yeah yeah I know in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

armyash

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi, been asked to give a price for fit only for a bathroom. It's a. B & Q bathroom, been designed by them apparently.

Going to meet customer next week to see what's what. As we all know it won't be a straight forward job. Maybe stuff missing. I will need to supply some materials fittings etc.

I know what I need to earn based on how long it will take but how do I handle it if stuff is missing and puts a stop to the job at any point or there's other issues that cause the job to run over. I've not had to price a job for labour only before. Don't really want to either to be honest but a jobs a job.

Does anyone have labour only terms they wouldn't mind sharing please?

Thanks

just put a statement in

any down time due to items not on site / missing will be charged etc of something to that effect

In the past I've done quite a few labour only bathrooms.

Make it clear in writing and verbally that any lost time will be chargeable.

Also and probably most important explain to then how rubbish b&q stuff is, I recommend going to my local and I will deal with them if parts are wrong missing etc as the girl is very good. Quite a few of them go for a chat with her at least next thing they are supplying decent quality stuff from them for usually the same price.

I went pricing last Wednesday, during the conversation she mentioned Victoria plum - I went silent until she looked up at me . I stared into her eyes, paused - said “ if you buy that , I WILL NOT fit it” understandably she was a bit taken aback. I explained it was rubbish and I wouldn’t want my name associated such a job. She then said “ actually we did my daughter’s en-suite 18 months ago and it leaks now and the bathroom 3 years ago and has problems and the shower has never been right “

“ about time you tried something different?” I asked.

We’ll see what happens when price goes in,....,,

You know what you want to earn out of it so add £500 on for materials make your price a estimate that way if it comes in over or under you have wriggle room to alter it , if you need the work and the customer is pushing for a set price then your gonna have to commit B&Q isnt that bad check everything is there and for breakages before starting . Kop

You know what you want to earn out of it so add £500 on for materials make your price a estimate that way if it comes in over or under you have wriggle room to alter it , if you need the work and the customer is pushing for a set price then your gonna have to commit B&Q isnt that bad check everything is there and for breakages before starting . Kop

Under????? Do prices ever come under? I think your making that bit up.

Millsy don’t under estimate the power of “well the floor wasn’t as bad as I’d feared so it’s actually £2873.54 and not £2950”
For the sake of £76.46 you have shown yourself to be a man of integrity and this will lead to more work.
Granted, it’s usually “sorry missus it’s gonna be £3275, not £2950 due to x, y z”
People expect things to go over estimate, best not to disappoint them!

Reply to Asked to price fit only......yeah yeah I know in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock