Search the forum,

Discuss Asbestos any thoughts ?????????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Morning chaps I am doing a boiler conversion and I’ve just gone to look at the loft tanks. F& E is plastic no problems. CWSC However it’s not a material I’m familiar with. I have worked on this estate a few times and I’ve come across some old asbestos tanks but this one doesn’t look like them I’m just wondering if anybody has seen this sort of material before and could comment.

4ADE9555-D3B3-4C27-A209-ECBA16CD3B8D.jpeg

That was my thinking it’s just that every other one I’ve come across on this estate has been darker in colour

Can you get it down in one ?

Can be left if not dangerous and won't be getting disturbed, but ideally wants to be indicated that it is asbestos - not sure how because the stickers fall off.

Reply to Asbestos any thoughts ?????????? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have an unvented water heater which for some reason every year causes me issues. At the end of 2023 I noticed that the pressure valve gauge was going up when the water tank was switched on. My local plumber came and re-pressured the expansion vessel as it was flat, afterwards we tested...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I’m looking for a bit of advice. A flat two stories up from mine has installed a water pump that feeds all of their outlets (shower, toilet, sinks, washing machine, dishwasher …) from a loft storage tank. Alas, the pump seems to be sending vibration down the walls and into my flat. The...
Replies
Views
Evening everyone, I’ve got this lovely little bungalow that I’m struggling to get my head around the heating on. It’s a F and E system with 8 radiators, and I’m not really very clued up on central heating, or even plumbing in general, but the whole set up seems quite odd. The pipe into the main...
Replies
Views
R
I just had installed a Navien NPE-2 with built in recirculator pump. I have a dedicated return line. The check valve for the recirc is built into the unit; a spring check valve was placed on the cold line (per the manual) after which there is an expansion tank (on the cold line) in a T junction...
Replies
Views
Rogelio
R
Hi, I have just noticed a damp patch around where my boiler flue exits through to outside wall along with a rusty colour around the collar of the flue bend. I’ve checked the external wall & there’s no water coming in from outside but the flue terminal also has a rusty colour. My regular boiler...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock