Search the forum,

Discuss Ariston Boiler Service required in West Midlands/Wolverhampton Area in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All

Hoping someone can help me. I think its time I start to think about getting my boiler serviced which is a

Ariston Combi Boiler A 30 MFFi. I don't have a maintenance plan and would prefer just to have it serviced annually by a trained Engineer.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a service engineer who specializes in Ariston boilers. I am in the Wolverhampton area?

My parents have a Worcester and have it serviced by the installer who fitted it and is well recommended within the extended family and usually does all of our plumbing work however he is a service engineer for Worcester Bosch boilers only and doesn't really want to touch our Ariston and recommends that we go to a trained Ariston engineer as they are a different kettle of fish to Worcester.

My only concern with getting a boiler contract is normally these companies are in the business of making money and whilst they will offer a free boiler service, from what you read in the papers and media I am reluctant as usually they try to find a fault and provide me with a large bill.

Whats everyone's thoughts on this? Have I got a right to be concerned or am I worrying for no reason. I know there is plenty of genuine plumbers out there but someone who doesnt know the market, how do you know which one to go with?

I did a local check and there is actually a qualified plumber who lives on my road but doesnt state he is Ariston trained, I am thinking as he lives locally (and I have seen his van outside his house many times) that would this be a good punt worth taking?

Any advice and any recommendations on Ariston engineers in West Midlands/Wolverhampton area would be appreciated.

I also need to get a leaking kitchen tap sorted, from earlier posts I have written on here, I have not been able to resolve myself so need to call in an expert.

Thanks

I wouldn't worry about getting a "Ariston Trained" engineer, any good gas engineer will be able to provide you a boiler service

How old is the boiler? A service plan on a ariston might not be a bad idea due to ariston parts being expensive, a good service provider will recommend work, doesn't mean you have to take it?

Thanks, Iso, for the opportunity.

If this job interests you please PM the op direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ariston Boiler Service required in West Midlands/Wolverhampton Area in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler pump menu for either 70% or 100%, so, is the pump set at either one of two fixed speed percentages or does the pump actually vary speed, (modulate)...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock