Search the forum,

Discuss Ariston Andris Lux 3kW 15Ltr Undersink Water Heater in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

I am thinking of installing one of these heaters.
The online instructions says that it can be installed without an expansion tank if it is 4.2m from a cold water tap.
I have a tap about 3.6m from a standard screw isolation valve. If I connect to the isolation valve the pipe work would be approximately 4.2m from the heater to the tap.
Can someone confirm this is ok or is an expansion tank necessary because of the isolator.

Sorry to say you need to be G3 registered (as it's an unvented cylinder/ appliance)

So you need to be qualified to install one

Edited as my question was answered.but I for one still would not want to give out any advice on an unvented system. SORRY

So would a plumber be able to fit it as it is or will I need to have the expansion tank.
It would be easier for them to fit without because of the space.

If he is G3 registered yes

The only difference between this an let's say a 210 l unvented cylinder is under 15l you don't need to notify the install

I haven't got the kit or the plumber yet. I was trying to sort everything out so it is all here ready.

I haven't got the kit or the plumber yet. I was trying to sort everything out so it is all here ready.
Personally I would speak to an engineer first. As if it wrong you will end up having to take it back to swap it all. Also some engineers will not fit parts that customers have brought themselves. just to let you know.

ok, I think I will wait. They have the kits for it at screwfix as well.

FYI there the cheapest around for the ariston unvented water heaters

I think I will definitely get this one and fit it myself. Looks easy enough. I don't see the valve should effect the system operation.

How do I know that my plumber is 'g3'? It's not as though they have a string of qualifications after their name. All one normally sees is that they're GasSafe (assuming they are).
If an expansion tank may be necessary I'm surprised they are not integrated in the heater.
If for a kitchen, do I need part P too? It's becoming expensive for a £120 water heater.

How do I know that my plumber is 'g3'? It's not as though they have a string of qualifications after their name. All one normally sees is that they're GasSafe (assuming they are).
If an expansion tank may be necessary I'm surprised they are not integrated in the heater.
If for a kitchen, do I need part P too? It's becoming expensive for a £120 water heater.
I would start by asking. Are you G3 registered and you would probably need a sparky if there is power point there already

In the end I fitted an expansion tank. Got one from Mr central heating for about £13.00
Make sure it is suitable for potable water, they are usually more expensive as have to withstand the fresh oxygen in mains water, whereas the central heating ones are just ok for sealed systems that don't have fresh water flowing through them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ariston Andris Lux 3kW 15Ltr Undersink Water Heater in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock