Search the forum,

Discuss Ariston ACO 27 RFFI Boiler problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brianmacnamee

Hello ,
I live in Attleborough Norfolk and am looking for a Heating engineer to sort out the following problems. I have had plumbers out to look at the system but no joy.
Hello im a newby that is getting pretty deperate wit an intermittent problem with my DHW and CH operating system.
It is a sealed system with 2 pressure gauges 1 on the fill loop and the other on the boiler and 2 two way valves one for the DHW and the other for the CH.
When operating the DHW and/or the CH the pump sometimes roars as if there is air in the system with no particular pattern when it happens, and it sometimes causes the boiler to cut out before attempting to re-ignite successfully before cutting out again. and then repeating process for 5 times before cutting out for 15 mins. The starting process begins again - sometimes with no probs - other times it repeats the roaring/cutting out.Also the system has to be topped up every month as the loop pressure can drop to below 1 bar so its losing pressure/water somewhere.
I also notice that sometimes the boiler press gauge reads zero although fill gauge reads 1.5 bar.
A couple of Heating engineers have investigated the problem and have changed the following items without success.
1.Pump
2.Auto air vent
3.Expansion Tank
4. both 2 way valves (DHW and CH).
All radiators have been bled numerous times but no air is apparent.

Hope there is someone out there who can help.
Cheers Brian Mac

Sounds like one of the gauges is faulty. If you are loosing pressure check the 15mm pipe that will apear to do nothing and hang out the wall with an elbow on it pointing twords the wall or be run to ground level the other side of were the boiler is loctaed. If this is dripping then the prv will need to be changed, the engineer should also have checked that the pipe leading to the new vessel was not blocked. If there is no evience of any water escaping from the pipe then there is likely to be a leak on the heating system somewere. If you cant find one after checking all rad valves and joints then it would be a good idea to put some leak sealer in the system. It sounds like you have another intermitant fault on the boiler also. It is impossible to say what without seeing it but it sounds like it may be an aps fault/flue fault. If you cant hear it sparking and the pump and fan run then its probably not reaching the stage past aps proving. Make sure when vessel was changed that the flue was put back together correctly if this problem has only started since vessel was done. This fault will need to be checked by a gsr engineer. Hope you find this usefull as it gives you a couple of things you can rule out yourself.

thank you for posting your request. if there is anyone who can help can they pm the op directly. thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ariston ACO 27 RFFI Boiler problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

the pressure of my boiler looks unstable After i re-pressurize to 1.5 bar, using tap is ok without problem. but when turn on the central heating, the pressure rises over 2 and the error code 117 showing water pressure high After i did the bleeding and re-pressurize to 1.3 bar, the heating is...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with venting through the external wall and I'm reluctant to go with an electric boiler instead (because of the consumption cost)). It's a sealed system. The...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or garden, run-of-the-mill British housing estate CH setup. Downstairs radiator, 1 of 2 in our living room, went cold one evening mid-November last...
Replies
Views
What the easiest way to find why my boiler is losing pressure. It is about 5 years old Vaillant combi boiler, we have just had 2 vertical radiator removed and refitted for decorating and now the pressure keeps dropping approx once a week. I guess a leak under the floor is possible, or trapped...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock