Search the forum,

Discuss Aqualisa , what the hell has happened in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

townfanjon

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
What a shower , literally !!!
I need some info on the installation of one of their showers , started ringing last Thursday , best I got was seventh in the que, emailled them , no reply , went on “ chat” this morning, third in the que, gave up at 30 minutes. Joke !!!! Not .

What a shower , literally !!!
I need some info on the installation of one of their showers , started ringing last Thursday , best I got was seventh in the que, emailled them , no reply , went on “ chat” this morning, third in the que, gave up at 30 minutes. Joke !!!! Not .

It seems to me they've answered your question already; install another make.

I went off 'em years ago. In teh last years of installing all I did were Mira. Not quite as good in some respects, but didn't treat you with contempt like Aqualisa.

Always had good customer service from them in the past. Problem is these days is everything is getting worse.
Customer asked me about changing her 17 year old heatslave. I told her to wait till it bursts as new boilers are pants.

Hallelujah, a week later we have got there .....
Finally cleared up two points its taken a week .
I wanted to know where the recommend taking the hot connection off the cylinder , girl on chat says its in the installation instructions, like fec it is .
Shes just emailled me the correct instructions its in there . Other question was why they dont want the processor unit to go over 40 degrees , guy wants it in his roof space , our lofts even in sunny yorkshire can get upto and over 45 degrees .
Never again

Other question was why they dont want the processor unit to go over 40 degrees , guy wants it in his roof space , our lofts even in sunny yorkshire can get upto and over 45 degrees .
Never again

Really? How bl00dy daft! Ours is in the loft under 500mm of insulation & been fine!
Pathetic springs to mind...

Quick search of their web site found installation guides & I am sure this diagram appears in most of the pumped instructions across the range.
I know it is easer to ask than to look sometimes but it is the modern information world, one that I increasingly get frustrated with as well cos you have to know where to look in the first place.
In Aqualisa defence I was in the head office in Westerham about a month ago and was very impressed with the amount of space & staff given over to technical phone enquiries given that they are not a very large company. I guess if you can't get through, however many you have is never enough.
Preferrd Hot Cylinder Take Offs .png

Last edited:
Personally Jon I prefer the 28mm take off at 45deg with a tee facing down for the shower hot water take off.
This came out of the Mira research, which I think is technically sound & got to say I have never had any problems with air in my pumped supplies from vented cylinders.

Personally Jon I prefer the 28mm take off at 45deg with a tee facing down for the shower hot water take off.
This came out of the Mira research, which I think is technically sound & got to say I have never had any problems with air in my pumped supplies from vented cylinders.

Yep I can see the sense in that Chris .

I have sussed out the problem why I couldn’t get the info I needed .
The guys buying it from screwfix , their link ( which I followed ) goes to the Visage mi’s but doesn’t show the HW connection anywhere , the link direct from Aqualisa does , Pffttt typical .
Having saying that, the whole performance has cost hours , 30 mins just today in a carpark waiting for “chat” , let alone other phone calls and emails , they used to be brilliant , its a shame, you dont forget service like this .

Managed to get a price for repair of one of their digital units for a customer since Aquilisa won't sell me parts (as you apparently need a PhD to mend a shower these days. Hmm). Still, the customer went for it and they carried out the repair.

However, their technical department could not understand why I thought there are potential issues with feeding the shower pump from the 'secondary return' tapping. They actually did not understand my point that there may be the possibility of air in the water and kept talking about pipe leaks in spite of my explanation that when you heat water bla bla bla. The Mira Guide to Pumped Showers explains this in detail for those who believe my preference for teeing off an angled expansion pipe is a bodge (as has previously been implied on this forum).

In any case, the customer was pleased with their service when they came to repair the unit.

And, better still, the customer has since contacted me to do more work in her house.

Last edited:
Managed to get a price for repair of one of their digital units for a customer since they won't sell me parts (as you apparently need a PhD to mend a shower these days. Hmm). Still, the customer went for it and they carried out the repair.

The customer was pleased with their service when they came to repair the unit.

And, better still, the customer has since contacted me to do more work in her house.

Whats there fee Ric , “ fixed price “ I presume.

However, their technical department could not understand why I thought there are potential issues with feeding the shower pump from the 'secondary return' tapping. They actually did not understand my point that there may be the possibility of air in the water and kept talking about pipe leaks in spite of my explanation that when you heat water bla bla bla. The Mira Guide to Pumped Showers explains this in detail for those who believe my preference for teeing off an angled expansion pipe is a bodge (as has previously been implied on this forum).
I am totally with you on the Mira thing Ric it is proven as far as I am concerned.
Very surprised about the technical response sounds like Dave May there technical trainer needs to spread a bit of knowledge around. Although they don't go 100% with the requirements of Mira approach he certainly wouldn't go along with the use of the secondary return tapping. (air drawn in from the cylinder sides & loss of hot water volume as you are a way down the cylinder)
P.S. if you need a technical response from them ask for Dave May (at least before he retires)

Reply to Aqualisa , what the hell has happened in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock