Search the forum,

Discuss Apprenticeship wanted in Exeter. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchy01

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Evening aall. My cousins son has completed his c&g level 2 at college and is now seeking an apprenticeship to complete his nvq2 and hoping to carry on to complete his level 3 and gas.

Of course I'm biased but he is a really good lad. Very mature for his age, trustworthy and he genuinely wants to learn. I believe his experience is limited to college but you can discuss this with him. He has a basic set of tools, does drive and has his own car. He lives the airport side of Exeter.

I would really appreciate it if you contacted me so I can forward your details on to him. Let's pass on some of our knowledge to the next generation! Thanks for reading guys and gals.

Hi, Hope he has luck finding something, stands a better chance in Exeter with all the major work going on ! If he was in the Plymouth area he would have more chance of walking on the Moon than getting someone to take him on, what has is tried so far ? Putting up notices in the Plumbers Merchants, going round the local Building sites, Knocking on Doors, ? Unfortunately there are lots of other Boys/Girls chasing what openings are around, I was up in Exeter collage a few months ago, must have been at least 20/30 young people on the Plumbing course, so he has lots of competition for any jobs that are around !

Hi jts. Im not too sure how far he has gone with self promoting. I know he has left a notice/details with a lot of the local merchants but not sure what else he's done. It's just the age old thing of not knowing the right people hence why I said I'd put something on here for him just to explore another avenue. Thanks for your reply though.

Another avenue to try is the Boiler manufactures , get his name on there lists for doing warranty work, everything is provided by them, if I was younger I would have gone down that route, Van/tools/ training, good wage & Holidays, just something he may not have thought about !,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Apprenticeship wanted in Exeter. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock