Search the forum,

Discuss Apprenticeship In Bolton in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ALEX 123

My name is Alex aged 20 and I attended Bolton College where I gained my Key Skills One and Two in Plumbing,I live in the four lane ends area of Bolton and I am willing to part fund any apprenticeship offered to me to realise my ambition to become a Plumber.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alex there are a few guys on here from Bolton. I'm an ex Bolton lad from Horwich, Welcome. All I can suggest is get out the yellow pages and ring round firms.

Thanks for that, already done so today. It would be one of my three wishes to gain employment as a apprentice plumber.

Welcome to the board Alex.
We have a massive shortage of plumbers in Bolton so hurry up and get that NVQ!
Actually i think I may have dreamed that...
I and all the plumbers I know in Bolton get inundated with apprentices sending in C.V.s, phoning up and e-mailing offering free labour so good luck mate, you'll need it.
At your age could you not get on with E-On as an apprentice installer/maintenance engineer? If you're determined to get into this over-populated industry that may be a good foot in the door and we have an E-On near the Middlebrook, it's a call center but it's also where the N.W. engineers go for meetings etc.

Its a pity you do not live in Bolton and you could have trained me before you decide where your heading job wise.

I really would appreciate any leads you could give and also be eternally grateful.

JC does Bolton Metro still take on apprentices? or as they like to call themselves now Bolton at home?

You off to a good start offering to part fund your apprenticeship as a lot of lads these days want it all on a plate. Does it have to be an apsentiship though could you not offer free casual labour in return for them teaching you? I would stand in a local merchant and talk to anyone you can it will show determination and willingness to learn. Even if you get the odd days work here and there from a number of guys it will be a great way to get a foot in the door.

JC does Bolton Metro still take on apprentices? or as they like to call themselves now Bolton at home?

I don't think so, as far as I know they're going to be outsourcing to recruitment agencies in the near future :(
Kev's been doing some local HA work I think though, he'll likely know more than me on that side of things.

Bolton at home will detain a staff base for maintenance plumbing and that will include apprentices so its worth a look. You really need to ask everyone you know possibly via Facebook that you need introducing to any bolton at home tradesman fir a chat. They will tell you what your chances are and how to go about it.

Larger works in bolton like council estate refurbs is all contracted out to forrest. They don't pay well (i subcontract to them) and the workload is high. On the bright side though they do take on apprentices and are generally short of plumbers. They have 10 years worth of work in bolton alone.

I will see the plumbing manager at some point this week. I will ask him for you if you like?

If you pm me your number i will let you know what i find out.:)

Hi Kay jay,

Please if you would ask for me at Forrest 07904276964.

Thank you.

Alex.

P.S Had to change profile name due to log in problems

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay Alex pprivate message me with your full name.age.address and contact numbers.

I spoke to plumbing manager and he says part of the contract forrest have with bolton council for ten years work is a stipulation that local contractors are used and that apprentices from the area are given a start.

He asked me to provide him with your details which he will pass on to personel dept.

Hopefully they will contact you with an offer. Though they prefer 16 year olds.

Good luck:)

Alex i need your details to pass on. Send a private message.
The sooner the better. Organised wanna apprentices are already making their approaches for the coming college year.
Given that age is against you you really need to submit your details sooner rather than later.

Hi Jay

I f you can contact on 01204 855863 will give all details.

Thank.
Alex.

Come on you guys surely their is a plumber in Bolton who wants a good lad and worker as an apprentice.

Thanks Joe just that bit too far as travel, do not wish to sound ungrateful but would prefer if possible be nearer to Bolton.

Regards.
Alex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Apprenticeship In Bolton in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock