Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone sole trader with a pension in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
As title says any 1 man bands / sole traders got themselves a pension ?

Anyone know if the govt have anything in place ?

Yep had a private one for years , keep thinking of weighing it in and buying a house to rent instead . Never seem to get round to it though

Stopped paying mine 12 years ago. And put it into property. Was paying £200a month.
Now got 2 houses an office and two shops I rent out. Still owe about £90;000 but will be paid for before I’m 60. ( I’m 52)
I have the pension pot, which is worth £50.000 at th moment. I’m putting in £10 grand before April and hopefully the same the next two years. So about 80,000. That’s £30,000 tax free!
Then taking my 25% tax free ( £20,000) and will draw down the rest in the future. The 20 thousand will be deposit on another house.
Hopefully with the other rents, will be paid for by the time I’m 60-65.

The pension was going to pay me £1800 a year!!! The rent from property before tax will be around £30,000

I have rented property before 2 houses .
Its more aggro now than ever so cashed them in .
Was looking for a good private pension but not sure which are good

If you're going down that route, find yourself an Independent Financial Adviser who can provide options from all different firms. Banks etc may offer pensions but staff generally are not properly qualified so may be unable to give advice, and will be tied to the products their company can offer. And, of course, it may well be that your needs etc are not average (you may want to retire at a different age, for example).
A lot to being an IFA. My mother has recently retired from doing this as the piles of reading she needed to do to renew her qualifications were getting too high for her liking. Plus, this way, she got rid of all the hangers oners who kept wasting her time and could spend more time doing whatever it is she likes doing in her spare time (if she can still remember what she used to do when she last had spare time, that is).

Bit of a gamble with pensions i would say get some proffesional financial advice, i have one its has not performed brilliantly its made about £500 a year above the contributions i have made, i am on a medium risk as with everything there are risks with investments so beware . cheers kop

Set up a Nest pension. This is the government backed auto-enrolement scheme but is open to the self-employed.

I have had one for two years, it’s a secure place to put your money and fees are lower than a normal private pension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone sole trader with a pension in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A
Hi all, Happy new year! Hope this is OK in this part of the forum. Been a plumber for about 12 years now, mostly commercial stuff with some domestic and new builds here and there. Sole trader working for numerous different companies. Been thinking that maybe it's time I started my own...
Replies
Views
I want to start working on the gas side of plumbing and heating. I am a sole trader working with plumbing and heating and have the NVQ level 2.I would like to know what is (if there is)the best way of gaining gas training and qualification without causing too much disruption and time out of my...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have wrote on here before regarding this issue but it's now went one stage further. I am a sole trader and I done work for a bathroom showroom at the start of this year. Basically we got 4 jobs down and never seen any payment and now the company has closed. Does anyone know if there...
Replies
Views
I'm having a nightmare trying to find matt black wall or deck mounted bath mixer taps with 3/4 fitting that work on 0.2 bar. From tank to tap, I have around 2.4 metres, so a pressure of a little over 0.2 bar. The flow measured from the tap currently fitted is 11 litres per minute. Pretty much...
Replies
Views
Hi. Can anyone help me get into this tap? I have them on the bathroom sink and bath and 2 out of 4 are dripping. I've have had two plumbers in to replace the washers and neither could get them open. The gold coloured ring under the top unscrews on two of them but won't budge on the ones that...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock