Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone Know What This Is ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kopman9

Taken out a fitted dishwasher to put in a seperate one and there is a fitting on the tap that I am wondering what exactly it is as it was not what I was expecting to see.

I have attached some pictures of the fitting and also one of the pipe that I want to fit on there.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• S7001517.jpg
    S7001517.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 66
  • S7001518.jpg
    S7001518.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 77
  • S7001519.jpg
    S7001519.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 41
Its a solonoid valve and part of the dishwasher. Tunrn water off and disconnect it the use other hose on new washer.
Steve

Its a solonoid valve and part of the dishwasher. Tunrn water off and disconnect it the use other hose on new washer.
Steve
Thanks for that mate.

You don't know what its purpose was do you ?, I am not too sure about things like this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Its an electric valve that opens and closes letting water into the machiene and shutting off at the required amount. If the new washer does not have one like this it will be inside the dish washer instead.
Steve

Its an electric valve that opens and closes letting water into the machiene and shutting off at the required amount. If the new washer does not have one like this it will be inside the dish washer instead.
Steve
Thanks very much

Is it an easy job to remove the solonoid valve ? Do I need any special tools or will a spanner surfice ?

No its easy. Keep the blue lever in the position as in the photos and this has isolated the water. The part with the blue lever attached is part of your plumbing system and just below the lever you will see in your case a large silver nut, like the new red one in size. Use grips to unscrew this in an anti clockwise direction. Once removed screw the new red hose on in its place.
Steve

it is not a solenoid valve
it is a aqua stop valve, that will shut off the water should there be a problem wth the hose or the machine

these are normally cold fill hoses and are directly plumbed to the rear of the machine by the manufacturer, and are not a two minute job to exchange, why are you changing it ?

i think the aqua stop is a mechanical device even though it has power marking on it?

Leaky, how ever you dress it or call it it's still a solonoid valve. Just in case you don't know what a solonoid valve is here goes.
An electric motor operated valve in this case capable of shutting off the cold fill when sufficient water has entered the machiene. The electrical hazard symbol is not a decoration and identifies that there is an electrical supply present so that the valves will work!
As already stated, some manufacturers fit them inside the machiene.
To change the hose is a 2 miute job even for a basic DIYer

Leaky
PS I now realise that you mean to change the hose with the solonoid, I am not refering to this as I believe that Copman is trying to fit a new dishwasher and not change the hose on the old one.

Copman
If this is the case its easy as stated. To change just the hose on the existing appliance is not a DIY job and the red hose that you show is not suitable.
Steve

Leaky, how ever you dress it or call it it's still a solonoid valve. Just in case you don't know what a solonoid valve is here goes.
An electric motor operated valve in this case capable of shutting off the cold fill when sufficient water has entered the machiene. The electrical hazard symbol is not a decoration and identifies that there is an electrical supply present so that the valves will work!
As already stated, some manufacturers fit them inside the machiene.
To change the hose is a 2 miute job even for a basic DIYer

Leaky
PS I now realise that you mean to change the hose with the solonoid, I am not refering to this as I believe that Copman is trying to fit a new dishwasher and not change the hose on the old one.

Copman
If this is the case its easy as stated. To change just the hose on the existing appliance is not a DIY job and the red hose that you show is not suitable.
Steve
I am putting in a new dishwasher, not changing the hose on the old one.

its an aqua-stop solonoid valve.
with a wire inside the tube which keeps the solonoid energised enabling free water flow to the machine.
when the machine is switched of it de-energises the solonoid closing the valve.
similary if the pipe is cut or burst calling fo wter it will shut of the valve if the ciruit argument has not enabled it.

i do know what a solenoid is
the pupose of this device shown does not and will never have any thing to do with the normal operation of the machine.
it is a purely protective device that will shut off the water in the case of the machine overfilling (internal solenoid defective!!) or not draining. do you think that manufacturers put the operational solenoid on the exterior of an appliance
as for the electrical marking i know what it represents i was trying to get across that there is a very similar valve that works on the principle of a second thinner 1/4" hose inside the outer one that senses a water fault throgh pressure differences and shuts the water off!

Thanks to everyone for the advice, manage to get the old solenoid off and the new pipe fitted and connected to the new dishwasher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone Know What This Is ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock