Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone heard of NUS ltd in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Britlee

I just received an email from this company.

Contract Reference: NUS-NN-GAS
Postcode Area of Coverage: “NN” Postal Code
Duration: 24 Months
Start Date: Friday the 17[SUP]th[/SUP] of February
Minimum Requirements: Fully Gas Safe registered with a minimum of £1 million Public Liability

Who We Are:

NUS Ltd are the UK’s leading Property Management Company who offer a range of property maintenance services to a host of Clients all over the UK.

We have become one of the UK’s fastest expanding Companies that are able to cover all aspects of Gas, Electrical, General Maintenance and legal property services to our Clients on a national basis and strive to continue with our Company growth as the property sector and legal requirements change on a daily basis.

With our national network of Engineers & Companies in place, providing all aspects of mandatory property services, NUS Ltd have secured some of the U.K’s most creditable contracts within both the property management sector and also with a host of Insurance Companies & Banking Groups within the UK.

Our unique all in one service gives our Clients the peace of mind that all of their maintenance needs are being covered under the one roof, which in return reduces the hassle they face in this current climate having to source 4 or 5 individual Companies to carry our different types of work.

What We Do:

NUS Ltd offer full gas and electrical services as well as a full maintenance package to a host of Clients within the UK.

Our unique all in one service means that we look after all of their mandatory gas and electrical requirements within their property portfolios and our full maintenance package covers a host of services ranging from painting and decorating right through to full kitchen & bathroom installations.

Each Client we deal with are contracted in to use the services of NUS Ltd and will only use the tradesman we select for each individual contract within a specific area.

We are currently looking for a gas engineer/ company to be able to look after 400 properties within the “NN” and surrounding Postal Code area, covering landlord safety certificates, servicing on boilers and there will also be the need to cover all breakdowns, repairs, installation and remedial as part of the agreement.

Around 40% of this specific contract will be covering the void/repossession work that we manage for the banking groups and insurance firms that we deal with and within these properties, the chosen company will be required to cover drain downs, decommissioning of the boilers as well as any remedial work that will be required on an individual basis.

Within the repossessed houses, some of the properties will be handed over to the lettings market for rental purpose and will require you to revisit once a tenant has been found to refill the systems, turn both the gas and water supplies back on as well as carrying out a full Landlords Gas Safety Certificate and service of the boiler before anyone can move back into the property.

The Contract will be based on a 24 Month Period and there will be an audit done every 3 months on 3.5% of the work. This is something that our clients have requested that we are required to do as part of the agreement we have in place. As you will probably imagine, this in turn also makes sure all service levels are being met and ensures all relevant feedback is being given to all parties involved.

We will only be implementing one company or engineer to cover this contract and they will get the exclusive rights within the area to cover this contract.

We are looking for a company that is looking to expand over the next few years, who are able to fit our required workload in and around their current diaries and who are also able to deliver a high level of customer service and complete the work to the highest standards.

There will be a full time Client Manager allocated to manage the contracts full duration. He or she will be responsible for the allocation of work, also dealing with all our clients requirements and making sure the selected company has a consistent level of work that is manageable to their Company, meaning they are always busy and have a consistent flow of workout throughout the contract.

Key Contract Information:

üWe are looking to implement an Engineer/Company on Friday the 17[SUP]th[/SUP] of February in order to start the contract straight away to ensure all deadlines are being met for our clients.
ü2 Year contract consisting of a minimum of 400 properties to be managed over the contractual period.
üOnly one Company will be implemented to look after this contract within the “NN” Postal Code Area.
üAll work will be solely domestic and we have no requirement for commercial engineers/companies.
ü30 day payment terms.
üNo commission taken from any job that is issued to your Company.

Specified Requirements:

üThe chosen Company will have to ensure they are Gas Safe Registered and hold a minimum of £1 Million Public Liability Insurance.
üMust be able to take on a minimum of 400 properties and comfortably look after the full Gas maintenance, mandatory legal services and any remedial work that occurs.
üHave the ability to take on work straight away with a 1-2 week notice period.
üYou must be competent in looking after all servicing, repairs, installs and general plumbing work.
üCan cover the full “NN” Postal Code Area. (smaller of larger areas can be discussed and will be confirmed on commencement of the contract).

Contract Cost & Fees:

The “NN” Postal Code area contract is completely free to tender for and there is absolutely no fee required in order to find out more information or to be considered for the contract.

There is however a Contractors Fee of £1725 that is made payable for the contract if you were to be the selected Company and implemented for the contract. This would be paid on commencement of the contract.

The chosen company will be asked to pay the Contractor’s Fee ofto cover the set up costs of the contract and the overheads that are incurred when managing a contract of this scale.

The Contractors Fee is in place as we no longer take any commission from our Contractors for any work that is issued out and completed throughout the duration of this contract. This is due to previous experiences when running similar contracts within the UK.

In the past we have found by only working on a commission basis, there is no firm level of commitment in place between our Company and the chosen Contractor, resulting in the level of service we were receiving and the reliability of the Engineer to be much lower than what both ourselves and our Clients would expect.

By stopping the commission structure and implementing the Contractors Fee at the start of the contract, we have now established that the commitment levels between ourselves and our Contractors have drastically improved resulting in better workmanship and a better all round service being offered to our Clients.

Also from a completely selfish point of view, we have to ensure we are attracting the best possible Companies to these contracts and removing the timewasters from the process from day one

i will come round in person 6am tomorrow morning just put them in envelope and leave them by your front door

Sorry i might need a couple of days to get the money as i need to forward the same message on to some other GSE in the hope i get 1k to pay you.

I've had it too. Those guys must have all the work, no wonder it's quiet!...:gunsmilie:

Same in south west , had same email, think its same people who offer loads of work for letting agents, just a con.

we need to hire some computer geek to trace them and we should all write a letter.

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone noticed its always the same price you have to pay lovely scammers its easyer just to knock on there door and just give them the money or burn it in front of them as will serve the same end

we need to hire some computer geek to trace them and we should all go round and pay them a visit with a pair of pliers and a blow torch

im sure he wont be impressed when he hears i read geek and think of my boy, but he might be able to assist in this one, the tinternet and all its bits and pieces seems to be his thing, i will ask him how he could assist, might need to wait a bit for him as he is mega busy at the mo but dont mind asking him, can someone send me a PM with an email address so that i can get the original email

pay as you go office called islington house on gascoigne st number 313 upper st london n1 2qx.
above Thomson currie estate agents.

formed on 3rd november last year with overdue accounts on a private limited company reg number 07428069.
web; NUS Limited - NUS Limited

advertised address that has no building number on web contacts (conveniently) floor 3 Hanover Street London W1S 1YH.

big national!!!! yeh right

give me web comms and i will tell you his name in swahilei

furthere reading here;

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/plumbing-forum/31512-contract-tender.html#post264935

Just New to the site and got a email also....I have had a look at there sight and also spoke to them and got references from them as i requested,this is what i wanted to speak to someone who is doing such contracts.......I done research on the reference and it was all ok spoke to a company and they said " they are doing ok out of it"....I just came across this site as doing some research has anyone done any contracts or work for them as all i can see its an open forum and alot of comments seem to be on what you think and not what you know ???

Not sticking up for anyone i spoke to people who are doing the contract and work and they seem happy and reading through this it there is no one who has or is doing anything on the contracts they offer ????? Im looking for more work probably like 90 % of other guys so need to have my options open interesting read this forum glad i found it.

Why do you need more work NUS ltd obviously keep you busy enough writing this sort of rubbish

BestBathrooms - I have had this email from different source over the past wee while, none of them checked out, they couldn't give references. If they suddenly give references how do you know that its not a phone across the desk from the guy who sent the email?
Think about it, if they have all this work then where did they get it from? How can you win contracts of that magnitude with no contracted labour of your own, no checkable background, no history of work performance? Its a scam. Pure and simple. Concentrate on getting your business out there instead of being lured into buying a lot of wealthy business, its what they rely on to trick you.

It's funny how a new member pops up singing the praises of any company that's been slated on here and then vanishes back into the ether. I think some of you are being far too cynical, Best Bathrooms are obviously knowledgeable about this sort of thing and we should all bow to their superior knowledge as we are just lowly gas engineers.

Why is this simple principle so hard to grasp: you get paid for your work, you do not pay to work. Geez!

Because people are lazy. Instead of going out and trying to get work they'd rather take an easier option which is why these scammers thrive.

I found this site doing research and just was stating that i have spoken to references and did my own research and they were all above board ( the references)...Im a small family run business and always look at options of bringing in more work.... I hae had a few e-mails in my time but with the winter not being that good my work has not been as busy as last year....

Im not on hear to say do it or not but reading all your posts none have actually done anything or covered a contract so all i was saying is how can we say if it works or not ???? I have took a contract on with a insurance group so do some research i had to pay a fee for that contract... so it was not out the ordinary for me to see a fee involved...Believe what you will everyone is different so i see there is good press and bad press regarding nus, So must be some truth in what they do or they would be shut down in this current climate...

Regards

i would say that there is 99% bad press concerning nus and every other company that requires you to pay them money for work!

Hmm first reference on their website...

Envirotech Solutions Ltd - Dissolved 18 Jan 2012 So the contract didnt do them much good eh

But good luck for the future BestBathrooms if you decide to go ahead with this, just dont say we didnt warn you.

Last edited:
Look guys i thought a forum was an open site for people to have a view all i said is that i spoke to references and they were gas safe had there numbers and all seemed above board.........

I just stated a fact that know one on here has done any work or took a contract on before so how do we know if it works or not im not giong to start a witch hunt but i dont always believe what i read and just like to look in to things and do my own research, But if they are scammers then why are they still trading ??? also if people have parted with the fee and said its working what do i say your a liar ????

All im saying is there is 2 sides to a story also there are around 8 companies on hear saying the same thing over and over again so if its as bad as you say it is why is there not hundreds of different companies on here saying it surely if they have parted with money and got nothing then i would expect to see more actual companies who have been ripped off on hear than the same old people thinking they know ????????

BestBathrooms give me a reason why they charge you to work for them I've been a subbie for countless different companies and never paid any of them a penny.

To pay up front 1750 for work is just stupid end of.

If it doesn't sound right it probably isn't :)

Markfxy I dont work for them i was contacted by them and looked into there contract on offer!! All i was saying is no one on hear has done any work for them or a contract. I spoke to 2 companies that was provided to me as companies that were doing such contracts i researched the references and they were above board and said they have had work and was ok with it.....I just have more of a open mind about situations and have paid for a legal person to look into it for me... There are people who agree with things then there are always people that dont but there is no evidence on this forum to prove it does not work just opinions how can anyone say 100% they know and have done it.

Looking through these threads as i stated earlier its the same people saying the same thing about every company but have never done any such contract for them how can you know if its right or not ??????

BestBathrooms, you came on here looking to research, you asked, I for one gave you my opinion as did a lot of others, if you're not happy with what you hear then you don't have to agree of course but there are a couple of posters on here who have been ripped off by this company, Have a read:
http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/plumbing-forum/20657-nus-national-utilities-solutions.html
http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/p...nal-utility-solutions-anyone-used-them-2.html
You are the first person I have heard of that has managed to speak to any references and to be honest you seem to be championing their cause. If it works for you then good luck but established, successful & honest businesses do not operate this way.
If you have paid people to do research on this outfit I would be asking for my money back tbh
And by the way, opinions are like erses, everyones got one so, as said before, Good Luck with your venture and please let us know how you get on. I'm always willing to admit if I'm wrong about something.

Last edited:
Just New to the site and got a email also....I have had a look at there sight and also spoke to them and got references from them as i requested,this is what i wanted to speak to someone who is doing such contracts.......I done research on the reference and it was all ok spoke to a company and they said " they are doing ok out of it"....I just came across this site as doing some research has anyone done any contracts or work for them as all i can see its an open forum and alot of comments seem to be on what you think and not what you know ???

Not sticking up for anyone i spoke to people who are doing the contract and work and they seem happy and reading through this it there is no one who has or is doing anything on the contracts they offer ????? Im looking for more work probably like 90 % of other guys so need to have my options open interesting read this forum glad i found it.

pass on the contacts you were given for references i would like to phone them, as i have far too much money and need to give it to a reputable firm who will let me work for them and make them money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone heard of NUS ltd in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock