Search the forum,

Discuss Anyone currently doing a course with ATL? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GeorgeOz

As per the title! is anyone on a course run by ATL?

I started with them a few months back and so far so good, I've just completed module 5.

I know there is a lot of bad press about them and sometimes I feel that I may of made a mistake by using them but thus far they have been spot on, sending out new course material instantly, support always gets back within 24 hours and they seem as though they know what they are talking about.

Along with the bad press they were getting I decided to do some checks myself via city and guilds, I called them up and they are registered and up to date with city and guilds, which took a load off my mind! So hopefully they have pulled their fingers out if their arses and deciding to be more professional!

Anyways, is there anyone else out there on the ATL course and how are you finding it? What module you on etc?

Cheers,

George

Hey I'm doing same course on module 6 now really enjoying it as well be good to keep in touch with people doing same course

Hi Dean! Thanks for replying, I too am on module 6 now! I would definitely like to keep in touch to see how we are both getting on etc... My email is george at ozroyal.com

where will you be doing your practical?

George

Wolverhamton doing course and got it wrong sent tma 5 today lol so starting 6 tomorrow ill email you where about you doing yours???

I've been told they have a training center in Luton so I will be doing it there as that's closest to me (Watford).

I've only done the first scenario, where you have to do a full cold system check etc it was a pain in the bum, I think it took me about 10 attempts!! Lol it's just slow and leggy which makes it worse, good idea though.

how did you get on with it?

I've only done the first scenario, where you have to do a full cold system check etc it was a pain in the bum, I think it took me about 10 attempts!! Lol it's just slow and leggy which makes it worse, good idea though.

how did you get on with it?

Still trying to do it at moment send tma 5 and will try again on it but found hard as need to get all in right sequence

Did the Scenario 2 last night, I think I completed it in 3 or 4 attempts, pretty same as the first scenario although you need to adjust some setting on the immersion heater.

May I just ask when you started your course with ATL?

George

Just finished TMA7, well your steaming ahead of me! lol

I'm just about to start 7.

I'm just in the middle of sending the admin team of ATL a big email as i've heard all sorts about them, apparently they are ERR now, and I was sold the course on a basis that i'll be getting an NVQ, now I hear it's the Tech cert, so just want to confirm with them what the f**k's going on.

Yeah I did as well that what I got sold Nvq 2 and 3 you do get it but think got to do tech cert fist after do that it a few extra units where about you from???

Yeah, ah well. I've emailed them a lonnggg email basically stating that I want clarification on what I am EXACTLY going to be doing on my course and what I am getting out of it at the end and if it's worth all the money we're paying! Even the Course plan book says its the NVQ but then states the 6189 which is the tech cert and mentions nothing about the 6089 which is the NVQ.

I'll let you know what they say!

Telford and thanks that will be great I've got to wait for new books lol and how long you been doing course

I started end of July / beginning of August! Oh another thing, I was sold the course on a basis that the time limit is open ended ie. I can finish whenever I want! But There is actually a limit of 3 years.

Yeah I heard that as well and was told the same that can do it at my own time we started at the same time then ish lol

I've been doing a lot of research into them today and to be honest it is not looking great!! I knew they had bad press when I first started.

I'm going to arrange to go down to the training center in Luton and see what the crack is.

Apparently before you do the first week of practical they keep failing you on the health and safety test for some unknown reason, and it can go on like it for months!

I'm going to crack on with the course until the first practical and if they mess me about I will have to think about leaving them.

I'm yet to also come across someone that has actually finished the course and received there qualifications!!

I'm not paying for the course myself, the company I work for are paying and they have said they are happy to just cancel it anytime if I am not happy with it.

Are you paying for it yourself?

Yeah paying for it myself I lot of the information is old from when was old company I've been speak to another person who said they was ok and to be fair some people have been saying bad thing like can't compete tma so I'll keep working through and see what happens if city and guilds say there are ok they should be fine

Yeah atl say the time limit is in the contact but it aint at all

im doing this course and was told its nvq2, is it not? im just waiting to do my first 2 week practical now. I had to get a copy of the finance payment statement before they would even talk to me about it. any of you been in yet?

Hi Guys,
just been looking at your comments above. Did you get to the bottom of the NVQ thing? It's a lot of money wasted if we aren't going to get what we are sold. Did you work out the Sequence of the Scenario 2. I keep bombing out with the check. AAArrhhh!!!

you don't get nvq just acs and defined scope part p which is usefull enough to have I am on tma 35 now so 5 more before I can go in for weeks 3 and 4. you need to get your portfolio started if you don't have anyone to mentor you they will put you i9n touch with a company that charges you 995 to get you a portfolio. don't worry about the scenario cd it don't ountfor anything just crack on with the tmas

Any one have been in Watford doing the practical week? any one have the address?

Thanks

Evening Guys, i have just finished TMA 12 and now waiting to see what happens next, i havent got another book.

I was sold this on the basis that it is open ended and i would be NVQ3 at the end of it. Does anyone know when i can expect to go on any practicals?

hi everyone, I started the course in September 2013 got into modules and scenarios when I got stuck on easy one that was easy rang them , they said that the marks wont go against you but would nt give me the code to progress .ive been looking into atl and they are not as good as they make out the course is the certificate seems to be not as good as they say aswell ive stopped paying them now and ill take them to court . has anyone found that there scammers ,my email is [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Anyone currently doing a course with ATL? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock