Search the forum,

Discuss anyone bought any new gadgets worth talking about? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

obseen16

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi all, as the title says, im wondering if anyones bought or even made a gadget for the job at hand.

funnily enough im making one today , got a few big jobs coming up so am going to get a pressure reducing valve connect 2 flexis one on each end and connect up to the filling loop save me running back to the boiler to top the pressure up as my lackie is on holiday for a few week

yeah but did you go around doing your police man catching speeding driver impression ?

i didnt ( much ) lol

are they accurate ? do they need calibrated alot ? seen one used on site before and wasnt accurate at all.

porcelin tile diamond hole cutter 35mm ÂŁ20 for condensate into cast old spray bottle and spray on while coring through it like butter enjoy

i got a cordless hammer and mini rip saw which doubles as a mini jig saw battery operated awesome toy i mainly use the cordless hammer to knock clips in between joists high level

I got a spanner for 15mm and 22mm nuts it has a cutout to get over pipes brilliant lots of torque and good for tight spaces. Toolstation about ÂŁ7.

I got a spanner for 15mm and 22mm nuts it has a cutout to get over pipes brilliant lots of torque and good for tight spaces. Toolstation about ÂŁ7.

sw440-22.jpg

is it like this 15mm one end 22mm the other ? if so i have the same tool its great no chance of slipping at all

heres some cheap gadgets for making up rads plug and vent 22mm socket on a 3/8 ratchet trv or 1/2 inch tails 16mm spaner

I recently bought a Bosch PMF 180 E. The electrician showed me about his and I borrowed it the next day. Day after I bought it and within a couple of weeks I'd used it twice. Great piece of kit and doesn't create much dust either.

I recently bought a Bosch PMF 180 E. The electrician showed me about his and I borrowed it the next day. Day after I bought it and within a couple of weeks I'd used it twice. Great piece of kit and doesn't create much dust either.

where do you get your blades from?

I bought mine off Amazon and a spare blade or two with it.

have a look on ebay company called speciality diamond from the states pretty good prices.

Bought a diamond file for resharpening my SDS bits.

i also got this , this week . used it Tuesday. with a laminated spreadsheet to show before and after reading in a hotel we power flushed. worth every penny

Non-Contact IR Infrared Digital Thermometer with Laser on eBay (end time 24-Apr-11 19:42:33 BST)

I got one of those a while back... brilliant bit of kit.. I think Fluke do one for @ÂŁ150.. anyway I was called out to a heating system failure, stood on the landing pointing it at all of the bedroom rads. Established they were all 35c. Last engineer forgot to turn up the BBU stat!! took all of 3 minutes to 'repair'

I've got the Fein version....my mate broke 3 blades in one day by bending it. ÂŁ60 to replace.!
One of my replacement blades broke in the post!.. they're a bit fragile... I should've got the Bosch!

http://www.gleave.co.uk/why_gleave_news.htm?news_id=3
I think these were designed for BG,water pressure & flow in one tool

http://www.youtube.com/user/nailjack

Paslode Eagle Claw or the Nail Jack Pro.. not available in UK yet. I'm still waiting for mine to arrive from the US

http://www.toolguru.co.uk/shop/product.asp?p=4126
I like this one, ratchet spanner.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a digital tyre pressure gauge on offer from Screwfix. Perfect for testing expansion vessel pressures.

Def, my Evolution Mitre Saw. It cuts wood, plastic and metal and has a diamond blade too that allows it to be used as a sliding mitre saw for tiling. Just cut up bathroom timber surrounds then scrap copper on the same blade and it's still sharp.

i found myself a new but second hand set of pipe expanders and tee extractors. had a set years ago that went walkabout. cracking bits of kit.

Originally Posted by Bartdude
I've been looking at this. Has anyone got one?

Milwaukee 12v Hacksaw Hackzall Reciprocating Saw 3.0AH! on eBay (end time 12-Apr-11 14:15:36 BST)

Yep I've got one of these too' very nice, use it more and more, would recommend.

funnily enough im making one today , got a few big jobs coming up so am going to get a pressure reducing valve connect 2 flexis one on each end and connect up to the filling loop save me running back to the boiler to top the pressure up as my lackie is on holiday for a few week

Now thats a great idea, why didnt I think of that...

Or like my mate, crack the filling loop valves just open so it fills very slowly and potter round bleeding all the rads. You'll occasionally have to wait a few seconds for the pressure to climb but once you're all done you've time to pop back to the boiler and turn off final pressure. So simple and saves faffing around with a pressure reducing valves and the like....

Or like my mate, crack the filling loop valves just open so it fills very slowly and potter round bleeding all the rads. You'll occasionally have to wait a few seconds for the pressure to climb but once you're all done you've time to pop back to the boiler and turn off final pressure. So simple and saves faffing around with a pressure reducing valves and the like....

Not a bad idea either!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to anyone bought any new gadgets worth talking about? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock