Search the forum,

Discuss Anybody offer finance? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
As above really does anybody offer finance?

If so who do you use to offer finance? I seem to lose quite a bit of work to a couple of local companies that offer finance so thinking of looking around at what is available.

You may be better off losing that work!
Genuine people will arrange their own finance, credit card - switch it to 0% etc ; or a loan depending on circumstance...
The furthest down this route I’ve gone is to get a machine to take card payments, this helps some people.

You may be better off losing that work!
Genuine people will arrange their own finance, credit card - switch it to 0% etc ; or a loan depending on circumstance...
The furthest down this route I’ve gone is to get a machine to take card payments, this helps some people.

Why would I be better off losing that work? Should I only work for rich people? They are usually the worst to look for.

What about BG they seem to do well out of those non genuine folk.

When you need a new van do you go in and they say no you haven't got the money come back when you have as they will lose you they say this is what we can offer you to get the sale.

The world no longer works where people save up before they buy something they want it they go out and buy it, yes they may put it on card or get a loan but if it's easier people say well I will go with that then.

I always tell the interest free credit card is the best route do the math .
Normally they then usually come back , however i cant be bothered much with boiler changes as it involves working for a living

My firm offers finance through Barclays, as I don't deal with the money side of things though I couldn't tell you how it works. I know they have to perform credit checks on people so will be more admin work on your end. You could price the work, do the credit checks etc and application only to find they get declined so could be more wasted time.

Edit: just to add, I know that our customers have to fill out some kind of satisfactory competition certificate too in order for the finance company to release the funds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really surprised that with your experiance here you didn`t use the search box as this has been covered a few times before unless you`re thinking things might of changed of course.

Really surprised that with your experiance here you didn`t use the search box as this has been covered a few times before unless you`re thinking things might of changed of course.

Things change very rapidly. A post 2 months ago would be out of date now. So I do not see the problem in asking for an up to date opinion.

However I would of thought with your experience on here you would read the title then not bother coming on here moaning.

Things change very rapidly. A post 2 months ago would be out of date now. So I do not see the problem in asking for an up to date opinion.

However I would of thought with your experience on here you would read the title then not bother coming on here moaning.
I did suggest the out of date thing as a vaild reason did I not, and please explain how you took my words as moaning.
I`m able to offer finance through a third party on any job over a worthwhile amount which was arranged via the accountant.

(cw, your input was noted and you`ve answered your own question from a few days ago shame you don`t take your own advice).

You refer the customer to finance company and they offer the finance package to the customer with you potentially getting a referral fee.
Which is a one page document, customer completes it and you get the answer within 2hrs.

You refer the customer to finance company and they offer the finance package to the customer with you potentially getting a referral fee.
Which is a one page document, customer completes it and you get the answer within 2hrs.

Reply to Anybody offer finance? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Folks, advice needed here... I am a 51 yr old leak detection engineer/plumber 2 years into self employment which i am loving. To get going I bought a 61 plate transit which has been great but is now off the road for a few weeks at least - which now that i am established and making decent...
Replies
Views
Just an update to anyone who was following the thread on this site: Tify to gas engineer, what will it take? I got a DM from a user asking for an update, he like myself was gobsmaked at the level of abuse I got from asking a basic question. Thanks Tom for the DM, I managed to pass in 2019...
Replies
Views
I am having a problem with my main 24he boiler where the flame is constantly clicking on and off with the heating and when using hot water. Some times the flame failure light comes on but it ignites again after a few seconds. The plumber has changed a couple of sensors on the boiler and checked...
Replies
Views
Hi All My husband and I are re looking at the finances for the business and I wanted to ensure the company still remains competitive with prices charged. So I was wondering what roughly everyone charges as a day rate around Birmingham/West Midlands Experience over 15 years, gas and plumbing...
Replies
Views
I've got a Glowworm Flexicom 24hx boiler and I'm trying to unplug the installer cartridge in order to wire up the ebus connection inside. From what I've read, it should be possible to do this without opening the boiler, but there is limited access around the boiler and I'm struggling! From the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock