Search the forum,

Discuss Any Worcester Bosch installers on here? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Truman

I'm looking at the following WB combi boilers - 28CDi Compact and 30Si Compact, both seem similar dimensions. Other than the output, what are the notable differences between these 2 models - the CDi and Si? There's only 2 boilers in the Si range, so I'm wondering why the don't form part of the CDi compact product range.

Oh, and are there any pitfalls to choosing this model over the larger 'classic' WB combis? Size is at a premium which is why I'm looking at the compact range.

Yes there are WB installers on here. Would you like one of them to contact you and answer all your questions, then fit the boiler?

My opinion, avoid the compacts. They are a mass of plastic and I rue the day I fitted a few. If you must have WB then have a CDi Classic.

My opinion, avoid the compacts. They are a mass of plastic and I rue the day I fitted a few. If you must have WB then have a CDi Classic.

Also agree with this, not a fan of WB but the classic is te best of the bunch by a long way.

He said he was limited on space and you nuggets said valliant? Hello ideal logic plus.

Ideal logic plus is the best compact boiler in the world . Anyone who can offer a more reliable all metallic hydroblock and condensing boiler im all ears. I mean reliability over 7 years! Not the 3 you get out if a green star before it leaks or the fan dies!

Last edited by a moderator:
He said he was limited on space and you nuggets said valliant? Hello ideal logic plus.

Ideal logic plus is the best compact boiler in the world . Anyone who can offer a more reliable all metallic hydroblock and condensing boiler im all ears. I mean reliability over 7 years! Not the 3 you get out if a green star before it leaks or the fan dies!

You work for Ideal don't you mate? come'on fess up ;)

Hard to judge the real reliability of the WB compacts due to the fact they are very new, but so far have no known issues. The ideals had a bad batch of heat exchangers within the first year and who knows what else to follow? I'm hearing a fair few diverters are beginning to fail on them. The Worcester warranty will definitely be honoured, not sure the ideal one will. Most manufacturers look for a get out clause rather than trying to fix the boiler should it go wrong.

The pin hole hex was under wazza and less than 5% diverter ............. Clean system. Fitted hundreds literally and not had one. Had a few flow turbines and one fan. - obviously don't get all repairs as some custards call ideal direct. Oh and the early filling loop check valves stick but replace them on annual service foc.

All of Worcester's plastic boilers pin hole, the CDI air vents fail and the kebabs never last.

Hard to judge the real reliability of the WB compacts due to the fact they are very new, but so far have no known issues. The ideals had a bad batch of heat exchangers within the first year and who knows what else to follow? I'm hearing a fair few diverters are beginning to fail on them. The Worcester warranty will definitely be honoured, not sure the ideal one will. Most manufacturers look for a get out clause rather than trying to fix the boiler should it go wrong.

Die hard Worcester puppet alert.

Have had no problems with them so far? OK, one custard had a diverter valve problem. It was replaced by Ideal agent so I'm not sure what you mean by they will not honor the warranty?

There maybe handbags ahead.... But while there's music and moonlight and love and romance
Let's face the music and dance :D

Die hard Worcester puppet alert.

I am a big Worcester fan, not puppet. I like to recommend and fit boilers that cause me no issues so to help maintain my reputation, since working for myself I have had one issue with a boiler in 3 years. Before that I worked for a small company that fitted about 100 or so a year and again next to no issues. Had a couple fans go and a few of the plastic hydroblocks pinholed on the earlier models, that was about it. That good enough for me to have the confidence to recommend them to customers and all of them have been happy. A name they trust, the best back up service of any manufacturer on the rare occasion of any issue and good performance.

Every individual will have there own preference based on the own personal experience, my experience of Worcesters is that they are brilliant boilers.

go for a baxi duotec HEA they have a seven year warranty and are a proper British boiler ,unlike the worcester they have a stainless steel heat exchanger not prone to failing aluminium silicate type and have solid brass componants not plastic,baxi also unlike vailant dont cost a fortune when they go wrong as every boiler will from time to time,vailant will rip you big style on spares,as for ideal google isar and icos

I am a big Worcester fan, not puppet. I like to recommend and fit boilers that cause me no issues so to help maintain my reputation, since working for myself I have had one issue with a boiler in 3 years. Before that I worked for a small company that fitted about 100 or so a year and again next to no issues. Had a couple fans go and a few of the plastic hydroblocks pinholed on the earlier models, that was about it. That good enough for me to have the confidence to recommend them to customers and all of them have been happy. A name they trust, the best back up service of any manufacturer on the rare occasion of any issue and good performance.

Every individual will have there own preference based on the own personal experience, my experience of Worcesters is that they are brilliant boilers.

(Dislike... Dislike.....dislike)

go for a baxi duotec HEA they have a seven year warranty and are a proper British boiler ,unlike the worcester they have a stainless steel heat exchanger not prone to failing aluminium silicate type and have solid brass componants not plastic,baxi also unlike vailant dont cost a fortune when they go wrong as every boiler will from time to time,vailant will rip you big style on spares,as for ideal google isar and icos

But Gas man icos and isar are different babies? Let us not forget solo, all of the GA range - produced by Baxi! 14,000 bad reviews of neta tec GA, duotec GA ? ! The ideal logic is genuinely a nice boiler I have fitted two in the last month but 15 odd duotec HE . So I do love the duo but the logic has it's place and when the money is right it's 15odd logics and two platinums - pretty much what happened when GA started to get worse and worse.

can we all agree that no one should be fitting a heat line or a biasi?

The compact CDi and the compact SI are both the same boiler, same case.

The central heating output on these boilers is only 24kw, whichever Compact you choose, so depending on how many rads you have you may need a bigger central heating output and would possible have to go for the CDi Classic boiler.

The difference with these boilers is the hot water flow rate. If you test your incoming cold main then you will be able to gauge which boiler will suit your property.

We are on track to fit 120 Worcester's this year, I would not fit anything else.

Bet the OP is more confused now.

might just go for a portable "super ser" or some big gloves!:6:

Bet the OP is more confused now.

might just go for a portable "super ser" or some big gloves!:6:

Yep, more confused than ever. I'd have probably gone for the Baxi duotec HE but it's a bit on the large size. The Viessmann 100W is smaller, without being a 'compact' model, perhaps I could live with the pump over run after all. But go on, tell me what's wrong with Viessmanns please as it would be rude to leave them out of this thread!

Oh, and I've read about the Worcester Bosch Juniors having problems, but is this also true of the Compacts? Space isn't big enough for a Classic unfortunately.

Last edited by a moderator:
What does Worcester think of all this, I hate Worcester, I have had one in for 4 years and not a squeak, hell I am sorry I said that according to you lads, its going to fall in bits. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

What does Worcester think of all this, I hate Worcester, I have had one in for 4 years and not a squeak, hell I am sorry I said that according to you lads, its going to fall in bits. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

Worcestor doesn't care what we think. They are a clever company, I don't know of any other who advertise so much.
They,re not bad boilers, but no where near as good as they'd have you believe. Worcestors are marmite boilers.

I'm looking at the following WB combi boilers - 28CDi Compact and 30Si Compact, both seem similar dimensions. Other than the output, what are the notable differences between these 2 models - the CDi and Si? There's only 2 boilers in the Si range, so I'm wondering why the don't form part of the CDi compact product range.

Oh, and are there any pitfalls to choosing this model over the larger 'classic' WB combis? Size is at a premium which is why I'm looking at the compact range.
fitted lots all good , if you want the best then get a wb boiler .you dont just get a boiler you will get 8 years guarantee if we install it

fitted lots all good , if you want the best then get a wb boiler .you dont just get a boiler you will get 8 years guarantee if we install it

If I came on here as a complete novice I wouldn't know who the hell to believe, my BosterWosh is great, I'm with you gassafe, where does the 8 years come from, is that new.

Stan do you think you ought to be doing Ketamine midweek!

Paul,

Is he winding us old gits up who can't pass GSR, surely not looking at his photo, butter would melt in his mouth, I would trust him with my Bosterwosh

Paul,

Is he winding us old gits up who can't pass GSR, surely not looking at his photo, butter would melt in his mouth, I would trust him with my Bosterwosh

all this Worcestor talk is giving me a funny turn,i am flicking back onto my favourite dogging site...

The compact CDi and the compact SI are both the same boiler, same case.

The central heating output on these boilers is only 24kw, whichever Compact you choose, so depending on how many rads you have you may need a bigger central heating output and would possible have to go for the CDi Classic boiler.

The difference with these boilers is the hot water flow rate. If you test your incoming cold main then you will be able to gauge which boiler will suit your property.

We are on track to fit 120 Worcester's this year, I would not fit anything else.
120 boilers? You must be a millionaire?

If I came on here as a complete novice I wouldn't know who the hell to believe, my BosterWosh is great, I'm with you gassafe, where does the 8 years come from, is that new.

5 Years standard accredited add 2 years fit Worcester filter add another year but the filters pants

Target 1st year done : now registering for silver
target year two is to go over 50 boilers and become GOLD
furure is bright when you are from another planet :) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Any Worcester Bosch installers on here? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock