Search the forum,

Discuss Any tips for pushing in a washing machine? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

WaterTight

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
I've done a good few but this one is super-tight and on bare floorboards so could get stuck. What do you guys use to make pushing it in easier? Bit of ply or something?

If you got height, offcut of wallboard as the laminate is very slippery. If no height I have some 1200 gauge DPM I use (this is also what I use to make syphon diaphragms!)

I keep two strips of steel ( came of old boiler jig ) in the van , approx 4 mm , around 1 m long with one end of each bent by about 80 mm , to grab or push .
Helps no end

What you lot keeping crap like that for??

Ask customer to use their polish, spray on floor around said area and it will be like a sheet of ice under the appliance.

Job done

What you lot keeping crap like that for??

Ask customer to use their polish, spray on floor around said area and it will be like a sheet of ice under the appliance.

Job done

So tell me how you get a heavy machine/dishwasher out when theres expensive cushion floor / vinyl under the it all the way back to the skirting without ripping the flooring . Please lol .

So tell me how you get a heavy machine/dishwasher out when theres expensive cushion floor / vinyl under the it all the way back to the skirting without ripping the flooring . Please lol .

Polish literally done it a million times never had one incident if done properly

The variety of answers in this thread makes me think of the adage that if there are many solutions practised to a problem none of them work very well.

I'll bet most of the ways to skin a cat are actually very similar.

Perhaps it would be better put to say that when one way works really well it tends to be the only one used.

No doubt before aspirin was available there were many ways to treat a headache. Not many now though are there?

But ok, maybe all the above suggested ways work well. I might ask the customer to do the floor polish thing. I was just hoping there'd be an 'aspirin answer' I'd never heard of with 20 people then agreeing.

Thanks anyway to all of you for your help during this difficult time. May all your washing machines be light as air and glide in like a hot buttered biscuit.

Reply to Any tips for pushing in a washing machine? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock