Search the forum,

Discuss Any thoughts on this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be worth his while doing it? Think he's got some sponsoring deals.

sweet holy jesus I only lasted 2 minutes, he's telling us that only "us plumbers" know where the stopcock is, then talks to us like we're a homeonwer who's as thick treacle

Christ, you got to 2 minutes??? I was reaching for the rope after 30 seconds :lol:

i used to watch his vids but find him annoying with his "hold tight" tom plumb is better

Hold tight - throughout the night!

I have to admit I've watched pretty much all he's ever done. I'm really not sure why though. I found him when I searched for "plumbers vans racking ideas" and found him doing a video on cleaning the van out, and he said it should take 3 days! I thought I was the only one who took 3 days to clean my van out! And that includes bribing the kids to clean all my McDonald's wrappers from under the seats in the cab!

After watching so much of his stuff, ive come to the conclusion that he's an alright plumber, in the sense that pipe benders without guides bend pipe in an alright kind of way. I think what I'm trying to say, is thanks for trying to educate people, but please stop being such a ***** while you're doing it!

I'm a bit of a nob too, and I've noticed some funny mistakes he's made so I might do a compilation and post it, if I get chance.

Are you of the Celtic blood?

Irish Scot, of Celtic blood.
If you're asking am I of "the hoops blood?" Yes, however like all my footy and would go and watch Rangers just as easily as the hoops, just like good football, and don't care about the 5hite that goes with it...never have.
Miss my river fishing in Scotland something cronic.
Live in Coventry now. If I stand out in the street and close my eyes, I could be in Romania or Africa, or anywere but England. Mr Ben, me.

the chap is a bit annoying, however im intrigued by the surestop valve as a customer has recently asked for a device like that. Has anyone used one before? Im interested to hear if its any good or not

We're registered installers for sure stop, not that it means much!
Surestop are great products for the elderly to operate which is mainly why we sell them, also good for inaccessible stop cocks. I always leave the old stop tap in place though, I'm 99% confident in the product, but that 1% will get me in trouble! The actual stop valve (product codes ending in 'L') is wras approved so can be used alone without a stopcock before it, and it'll work down to zero pressure (as required by wras) unlike the remote isolators (products ending 'M') which will only work down to 0.5 bar.
hope this helps

Dave

We're registered installers for sure stop, not that it means much!
Surestop are great products for the elderly to operate which is mainly why we sell them, also good for inaccessible stop cocks. I always leave the old stop tap in place though, I'm 99% confident in the product, but that 1% will get me in trouble! The actual stop valve (product codes ending in 'L') is wras approved so can be used alone without a stopcock before it, and it'll work down to zero pressure (as required by wras) unlike the remote isolators (products ending 'M') which will only work down to 0.5 bar.
hope this helps

Dave

Much appreciated thank you. I agree that leaving the original stopcock in place is a good idea. I have a slight amount of paranoia with anything pushfit to be honest.

And rightly so! A lot of our overnight work is push fit related, they tend to blow off under the higher pressure at night, usually due to a lack of inserts, or the incorrect inserts used.

holy mother of god, the voice

erm made a few mistakes I think

he said to turn the water off then cut the pipe, how about turning the tap on first to see you've stooped the water

also how did he know he's pushed the valve on enough to the pipe , always use to use a marker pen, hold the fitting to the pipe so when u pushed the valve on u would know it's been pushed on far enough

bloody hell what am I doing, gassing away , still he knows best , surely homeowners don't know anything , lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Any thoughts on this? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock