Search the forum,

Discuss Any plumbers use a kombi van? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

payney1974

Gas Engineer
Hi all, I currently have a VW T5 transporter SWB panel van for my business and was thinking of upgrading to a T6 kombi van (seats in the back too) LWB.

Just wondering if anyone has done the same and if so how are you getting on with it?

Cheers

I've got a LWB transit custom double cab. It's got 1.9m from bulkhead to rear door. Don't know if that helps as its not a VW but thought I'd let you know

I have used lwb T5 kombis for the last 8 years, currentl on my 3rd. All have been high spec and used as the family vehicle for holidays ect( 4 kids)
I have tried over the years lots of different storage designs, a Motexion bulkhead behind the 2nd row of seats makes the cab very quiet, safer, and dust free.
In the current kombi I had the rear seats removed and Caravelle rails fitted and new seats ect, with the intention of it being turned into a camper van. This hasnt really worked as the new triple seat/ bed was getting damaged and was noisy when going out with the family, emptying the van at weekends a real pain.
Every night having to sort the storage area for the next day has eventually got to much.
I have bought a new T6 California for the family use, removed all but the 2 front seats and now have a proper van.
In summary yes it can be done, you have to be really strict on what and how you store your equipment.

I have used lwb T5 kombis for the last 8 years, currentl on my 3rd. All have been high spec and used as the family vehicle for holidays ect( 4 kids)
I have tried over the years lots of different storage designs, a Motexion bulkhead behind the 2nd row of seats makes the cab very quiet, safer, and dust free.
In the current kombi I had the rear seats removed and Caravelle rails fitted and new seats ect, with the intention of it being turned into a camper van. This hasnt really worked as the new triple seat/ bed was getting damaged and was noisy when going out with the family, emptying the van at weekends a real pain.
Every night having to sort the storage area for the next day has eventually got to much.
I have bought a new T6 California for the family use, removed all but the 2 front seats and now have a proper van.
In summary yes it can be done, you have to be really strict on what and how you store your equipment.

Thanks for the advise Kev, that's exactly why I want a kombi, for camping holidays with the family and it would be much cheaper than getting a bigger car!

Would love a California one day........

This is the inside of my current kombi, the rear seat/bed is now sold. It does mean you can carry pipe inside the van.
9e0e28032e4405fe595591cb60b78821.jpg

They are nice tho !

214d44e76e2e666ae2f4da21f9768879.jpg

This is the inside of my current kombi, the rear seat/bed is now sold. It does mean you can carry pipe inside the van.
9e0e28032e4405fe595591cb60b78821.jpg

They are nice tho !

214d44e76e2e666ae2f4da21f9768879.jpg
Those Vans are too expensive to use for plumbing especially the from 2012 onwards.
Its a beauty no question but to beautiful to use for work.

We use a LWB transit custom double cab as well. Works really well. Drilled a 5 inch hole in the bottom of the bulk head in the middle and slip a length of soil pipe through and we can still carry 3m lengths of copper. It's got the folding roof rack so can put that up for carrying any timber or soil pipe etc from the merchants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Any plumbers use a kombi van? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock