Search the forum,

Discuss Any ideas how I remove this valve cover? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jpl

hi, I have 1 radiator which won't warm up. Watched a few guides and think I have narrowed it down to the trv valve. Only problem is I can't get the valve cover off to check the pin. It's a myson valve if that helps, probably very old.
Any help would be appreciated and thank you

IMG_1283.JPG

Give it a wiggle and pull should pop off

Shaun you are awesome. Was worried to pull it too much before but a good wiggle and a bit of force sorted it. Pin was indeed stuck and thanks to you I now have a lovely hot radiator.
Absolute star

Shaun you are awesome. Was worried to pull it too much before but a good wiggle and a bit of force sorted it. Pin was indeed stuck and thanks to you I now have a lovely hot radiator.
Absolute star
Surprised it came off in one piece to be honest.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Any ideas how I remove this valve cover? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Rad is leaking from TRV valve, seems to be seeping out of where the pin comes up. I tried tightening up the nut below the pin, but that didn't help. I then looked online and saw that removing the nut and packing with some plumbers tape may help, but whenever I try to remove the nut a load of...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just tried to repair a very old Mira 8 shower unit. However, when trying to remove the brass cover plate it's completely scaled up and it won't budge any ideas on how to free it up. We did think about trying to heat up the bass cover plate but we are concerned about the silver outer...
Replies
Views
Hi I am trying to fit a Hive Radiator valve into my existing TRV valve body to make them automatic so have bought a Hive valve to try it out. I have done this before in another install but the valves were Danfoss and directly compatible with Hive. I am looking for an adapter that will be able...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking for some advice on how to remove this radiator value to check if the pin is stuck. I have two similar values in the house where those radiators aren’t heating up at all. The pipe leading into the value is cold but the rest of the system is working fine. Thanks for any help/advice!
Replies
Views
This is driving me bonkers! I have a Jaquar shower mixer unit - which has started to leak from the diverter cartridge. I think it's an early Florentine model circa 2006 though not 100% sure. I've removed the faceplate, unscrewed the chrome collar - and now want to extract the diverter...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock