Search the forum,

Discuss Any hive experts .... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I have a customer who is having a completely brand spanking new heating system put in but they were gifted a hive thermostat as a housewarming gift and I really want to use it in the in install.

I make no apologies for never having fitted one as I prefer other brands but I am confused with their capabilities. I went on their live chat last night with a couple of their “experts” Who were adamant that the thermostat only had frost protection but no weather compensation option. This didn’t sound likely to me what with boiler plus but they’re the experts. Is this right and if so how does one attach weather compensation do they offer something compatible.

No weather comp
It’s an on/off stat

You wouldn’t need the boiler to do the weather comp but

It’s load comp well that’s what they claim etc for it to pass boiler plus

It’s live in live out

It’s load comp well that’s what they claim etc for it to pass boiler plus

It’s live in live out
I thought it was boiler plus from optimisation and being smart - learning your routine, heat up tunes etc.

I thought weather compensation was a must have? This is why I like the V-smart and MiGo

But if they want to incorporate a hive this is where I’m struggling

I thought it was boiler plus from optimisation and being smart - learning your routine, heat up tunes etc.

Yea eg load and no learning routines etc isn’t boiler plus approved

So how would one make the system compliant including a hive.

Already compliant just fit hive

Yeah I know I thought that more was required to make it boiler plus. I realise the actual thermostat is

Reply to Any hive experts .... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock