Search the forum,

Discuss Another shocking boiler .... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

O

Old Account

Hi lads I just wanted you to show you what happens when the rubber hoses get clocked up and if you do not use a filter and Ignore boiler services.

Attached are some pics off today’s work which I have taken. Unfortunately I do not know how to upload a video but try to work it out.

17D94586-FC51-45C7-AA9B-6E3CFEE919C1.jpeg

71879568-6BD9-438B-92E4-F6F8350795D2.jpeg

2B9FBCF0-B722-4D7C-8FDA-8F211ECEE79E.jpeg

4EEF07B4-964C-4240-AC5E-B7CD0CED05E2.jpeg

Are you working barefooted? :D these days with the widespread knowledge of how beneficial filters Are, there really is no excuse not to fit one. With the boiler packs I buy, for £60 extra you get a magnaclean pro2 or tf1 and a bottle of mc1+ and mc3+. You'd be stupid not to buy it. I was called to a system today with customer complaining of 3 rads upstairs not working, had a combi fitted 14 months ago (ideal logic) all heating piped up in 15mm, took the engineer a day to install, no power flush and no filter fitted. I said no wonder your system isn't working, they was also shocked when I said their warranty won't be valid now and likely has a blockage in her system. All for the sake of an engineer wanting to be in and out in a day. Obviously doesn't care about his reputation.

Are you working barefooted? :D these days with the widespread knowledge of how beneficial filters Are, there really is no excuse not to fit one. With the boiler packs I buy, for £60 extra you get a magnaclean pro2 or tf1 and a bottle of mc1+ and mc3+. You'd be stupid not to buy it. I was called to a system today with customer complaining of 3 rads upstairs not working, had a combi fitted 14 months ago (ideal logic) all heating piped up in 15mm, took the engineer a day to install, no power flush and no filter fitted. I said no wonder your system isn't working, they was also shocked when I said their warranty won't be valid now and likely has a blockage in her system. All for the sake of an engineer wanting to be in and out in a day. Obviously doesn't care about his reputation.
Was it a blockage?

Was it a blockage?
Didn't have time to look, I was there on a courtesy, my company had fitted the bathroom 2 weeks ago, we used a subby plumber on this one as I was too busy. When filling up after fitting a towel rad he couldn't bleed the 3 bedroom rads as all nipples had rounded. I went round, had to drain down, take rads off to get to the nipples and replace them. When filling back up all rads bled fine, every other rad including towel rail got hot but 3 bedroom rads still stone cold. After turning every other rad off I was still getting nothing so ruled out an airlock. But the customer did say that even before we fitted the bathroom the 3 rads weren't brilliant. I was told by my boss that as it's an existing problem we can't spend any more time on it. I recommended they get the system checked over but was suspecting a blockage on either the flow or return side.

Sometimes it's not in out in a day it's the price the cust wants to pay

No just the customer he couldn’t wait with cracking the rubber which I intended to do after my work but he just grabbed the tubes and did it himself.

Reply to Another shocking boiler .... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock