Search the forum,

Discuss Always bleeding one rad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordyjordy111

Gas Engineer
Hi all

was at a customers today and he said he was always bleeding one rad up stairs....

all the others had water in and sure enough the rad the customer had complained about had air in it?

It was not on the negative side of the pump and had no leaks.

any ideas on what would cause it

not unusual to get one radiator that seems to catch the air going round the system.
what type of system is it?
is it air, or hydrogen being produced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Always bleeding one rad in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed gas could be burned with a blue flame and the water was acidic (pH 5.5). Since then system has been chemically flushed (it was not too bad) and the...
Replies
Views
When I turn on our CH there's a lot of noise from one specific part of the system - the pipes on the landing, and one radiator. It sounds like air, and the landing radiator needs bleeding regularly (about once a month), even though it isn't the highest point in the system. The two upright rads...
Replies
Views
Hi, I seem to have lost a bleed nipple from one of my rads somehow. It’s a double rad, one side of the rad has a nipple, the other is gone and I need to bleed it to stop the bubbling noise. How can I fix this please? Is it possible to buy a new one and if so how do I know what to ask for...
Replies
Views
Hello, We had an extension built seven years ago. Initially the builders' plumber connected the heating to the house system but this didn't work. The builder got him out again and he created a separate heating circuit from the boiler (ie one circuit for the house, the other for the extension)...
Replies
Views
So these damn problematic vertical rads again. I’ve had the Trv correctly fitted now but can’t seem to get rid of the air. The advice on here was to refill and bleed slowly which I did but now I’m literally bleeding it every day for two weeks now. About two seconds of air then another...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock