Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Alternate adjustable spanners in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR

You must be doing something wrong if you keep getting your tools nicked all the time, Iv done all kinds of jobs over the years on sites, private, homes never had anything taken. Maybe your carrying to much around with you

• Like Like x 1
  2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

even in schools nothing gone walking of mine but plenty of times ive left and found a pipe slice in the roof voids :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Or under floorboards

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

dont know what it is but i normally find spanners or electrical screwdrivers under them :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Matchless.plumb

Matchless.plumb Trusted Plumber GSR

But never the big hidden money :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. jtsplumbing

jtsplumbing Plumber GSR

Top of kitchen cupboards is a good place to find tools if next to boiler, or behind bath panel.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Best

Best Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

In the middle of loft insulation between joists is easy to lose tools. I tend to search through it in the hope of finding tools left by other plumbers. Usually only find lots of copper offcuts for my scrap. :)
    As you climb down out of attics, it is easy to set a spanner down to get a hold of ladder, or when needing to grip the joist/floor to drop onto steps, so got to check around trap door before you exit.
    I tend to set tools in roof gutters when outside at a roof, so have to be careful to look there also.

• Like Like x 2
  8. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR

Just picked up a rothenburger wide jaw
    Seems decent

9. skoronesa

skoronesa Member

Someone takes your wrenches and your solution is to get cheaper wrenches? My solution would be bigger wrenches ;) Ya know, so they get the right impression.

10. Dkdc71

Dkdc71 Member

Only thing I lost over the years was a Spud wrench only tool I had nicked was when the knacker that broke into my van robbed a Ridgid 14" aluminum stilson left the cheap ones behind my old boss use to spray his tools pink so we wouldn't take them on him , we never did he was always losing them and would blame us

11. quality

quality Plumber GSR

I once changed a cylinder and came across a bag of £20 notes I removed it and put it back (there were definatly 5 figures worth) when I called at the weekend for payment when the old man was back from work as he worked away I mentioned it to him and his only concern was that his missus didn't know about it lol

• Funny Funny x 2