Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Alpha CD32C pressure to high, need help in the Central Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Daniel Williams

Daniel Williams New Member

Yesterday my boiler's pressure gauge suddenly shot up to 3 bars (it has never done this before). I turned it off and started to bleed the kitchen radiator, this only brought it down to 2 bars. I also noticed that the overflow pipe is leaking a lot so i turned the water off entirely. This brought the pressure right down and also stopped the leaking outside.

However as soon as i put the water back on the pressure went right back up. I daren't even try the boiler.

Can anyone help?

2. king of pipes

king of pipes Trusted Plumber GSR

You have a failer on a part inside you boiler which will need a GSI to service or replace when was it last serviced? I recommend a service call be booked for a engineer to attend. Kop

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Daniel Williams

It was serviced in August

4. king of pipes

Call them back for a repair explain the symptoms it will be obvious what the fault is , sorry we can't post Gas boiler repair info on the public forum only advise the best course of action. Kop

• Like Like x 1
  5. Daniel Williams

I won't pretend to know anything about plumbing but I've been bleeding the radiator for a while and even with the water turned back on I'm down to 1.75 pressure and the leaking from the overflow pipe has stopped. Is that promising or am I just grasping at straws??

6. Riley

Riley Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Straw grasping my friend. Unless you topped the pressure up too high yourself you need a repair

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gasmk1

Gasmk1 GSR

grasping at straws

• Like Like x 1
  8. king of pipes

You need a visit mate nothing you can do I am afraid . Kop

• Like Like x 1