Search the forum,

Discuss allowed drop when doing a tightness test... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i live in Coatbridge which has/had the uneviable title as being the town which consumed most buckfast per head of population in the whole of Britain, and i might add someone is drinking mine as i have NEVER let one drop pass my lips, there are a load of pubs up here which have it on the optics as well, ii am sick of the sight of seeing the smashed green glass every where, i wish they would sell it in plastic bottles to save on the mess and damage when someone gets skelped over the head by a bottle as well

i agree about the plastic bottles, should sell plastic tumblers etc in the pubs also seen so much damage with glass.

So what is the conclusion on this thread then ? is it that the regs say you don't need to trace out a drop as long as its within the limits and theres no smell of gas ? but your recommended to do so to cover your own bum ?

i agree about the plastic bottles, should sell plastic tumblers etc in the pubs also seen so much damage with glass.

So what is the conclusion on this thread then ? is it that the regs say you don't need to trace out a drop as long as its within the limits and theres no smell of gas ? but your recommended to do so to cover your own bum ?

yes on a private job, personally i say you have to do TT on LGSC to cover landlords legal responsibility via you

yes on a private job, personally i say you have to do TT on LGSC to cover landlords legal responsibility via you

Kirkgas, at the risk of milking this to cheese you would say not to do a full TT on a service though? I'm perhaps re-thinking my approach that's why I'm asking..

but i think the initial point of the post was(had to read it again) is that the engineer said it was ok to have a 4mb drop on the old pipework even with the appliances isolated..thats definetely a no no then isnt it :p

Kirkgas, at the risk of milking this to cheese you would say not to do a full TT on a service though? I'm perhaps re-thinking my approach that's why I'm asking..

i dont do a TT unless it is mandatory, or discussed before hand with the customer fully aware of the potential invoice, you either do what i do and comply fully with the regs, or you go the whole hog and TT with appliances connected, then isolated then either repair the leak or cap the gas, you cant stop somewhere in the middle, it isnt for me to decide i will do more work than the law says and therefore cost a client £100's, and i will say that if someone else did it and i was asked about it i would def tell the client that the work (although done with the best intentions) was nnot necessary and the customer has been left without gas and/or a large invoice,

but i think the initial point of the post was(had to read it again) is that the engineer said it was ok to have a 4mb drop on the old pipework even with the appliances isolated..thats definetely a no no then isnt it :p

im not reading the whole post again, but i will answer your Q here, you are right it is a def no-no to leave ANY leak on a pipe only, (thats why a lot of people test existing carcass and existing appliances with the appliances connected, so that if there is a small leak it can be left operating)

thats it concluded then 4 mb drop on gas carcas with appliances isolated is definite no no and you must do a tt on a lgsc (the people who say you dont are wrong) and also buck fast is scotlands finest brew even if kirky doesnt think so hehe.
you should try it kirk gas its brilliant before the celtic game haha

im not reading the whole post again, but i will answer your Q here, you are right it is a def no-no to leave ANY leak on a pipe only, (thats why a lot of people test existing carcass and existing appliances with the appliances connected, so that if there is a small leak it can be left operating)

no i mean i just read the original post and that's what the arguement was about, he said you can't have a 4mb drop on old or existing pipework and the other engineer said that you can as long as its a g4 meter, even with appliances isolated :p

I'm glad i missed that celtic game anyhow ! doing a good job of throwing it away this year...

I'm glad i missed that celtic game anyhow ! doing a good job of throwing it away this year...[/QUOTE]

yes i know :( maybe thats why we need the buckfast

thats it concluded then 4 mb drop on gas carcas with appliances isolated is definite no no and you must do a tt on a lgsc (the people who say you dont are wrong) and also buck fast is scotlands finest brew even if kirky doesnt think so hehe.
you should try it kirk gas its brilliant before the celtic game haha

here i might stay in coatbridge but the monks dont make enough wine in a year that would make me go to a celtic game unless it was against the current league leaders, (although i would risk going to see them
at parkhead the now as they cannae buy a win there), roll on the old firm game
haha

here i might stay in coatbridge but the monks dont make enough wine in a year that would make me go to a celtic game unless it was against the current league leaders, (although i would risk going to see them
at parkhead the now as they cannae buy a win there), roll on the old firm game
haha

think you the first rangers fan i ever heard who lives in coatbridge ha... roll on the old firm even though am slightly dreading it we better get our finger out or else we will be even more behind you :( mon the hoops :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to allowed drop when doing a tightness test... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock