Search the forum,

Discuss all plumbers !!! everyone has a funny story.lets hear yours in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buffy27

whats the craic.
things are going tight enough in ireland aswell.{recession and all that]
bare ing this in mind, there s still room for a laugh though,right.

the story posted today about the d i y er changing the toilet seat made me laugh.
my best story.
i was standing at the counter of the local plumbing merchants one saturday when my phone rang.the guy on the other end just said "come over quick i ve a flood" he repeated this 4 /5 times and i still didn t know who he was let alone where "over" was.eventually i got a name and address and with that jumped into the van.as i turned onto the street i was greeted by a crazed jumping figure ahead in the distance.i was a little bit afraid initially. he looked like he d been in the bath with his cloths on . "oh my god" and him throwing his eyes to heaven was my hallo. first thing i noted was the blue lever from the plastic philmac stopcock disguarded on the footpath."i was tryin to turn the water off" he said. my answer"u tried a bit too hard i d say".when he opened the door the water literally came to meet us , in a tiny wave out over the threshhold .i wanted to see the leak so i followed quickly through the house and up the stairs.there crouched in the corner was "the brother" as he called him.the only thing i can compare it to is the lad on u tube changing a valve live{with his plumbing buddies videoing him and bent double with laughter...check it out , very funny}the qual pex rad tail was severed.i ran back down and with a small vicegrips turned off the water by the remaining tad of blue plastic where the philmac lever had once been . i then ran around the house and closed all the rad valves and lockshields
anyway , "the brother" had obviously been in the same bath as your man.the whole brothers sharing the saturday night bath thing as kids crossed my mind. he was soaking wet , wish some one could have got this footage i thought , twould b priceless. meanwhile your man swapped the hands-on duties with his brother.seconds after the gushing water lulled to a trickle.
i am not joking when i say the whole house was flooded.i killed the electrics next. " oh ya i should av thought of that "he said . every light fixing, every switch and socket ,every wall and all the floors were sopping.

the craic was ,himself and the brother were sanding the floor in the an-suite on the 2nd floor when the electric sander "slipped". when i had a look at the damage i saw that they had also sanded the qual pex in the bedroom within a mil of its life.there was chunks out of all 4 tails , but unfortunetly for them the sander only "slipped" on the last one. i would safely say that if a mouse climbed up any of the other tails his tiny foot would have went through.
i pulled up a few floor boards and ran all new copper tails, sorted.
soon after i went down to the kitchen where the 2 lads were sweeping water out the back doors onto the patio . the plaster boards on the ceilings were bulging down.i drilled a few holes up into them and the 2 lads couldn t sweep fast enough i tell ya. i opened off all the switches,sockets and lights to let them drip dry.
the guy was still as frantic as he was at the beginning of our meeting .now all he repeated was" u think we can sort it before 7 "i found it a strange statement but thought no more .but when he kept asking each time we made eye contact in the process of clearing up i had to ask.and yes u ve guessed it ,the other half was due home at 7 .
we organised 2 de humidifiers and i got the heating up and going.
the guy was s###ing himself cos it was now ten to seven .i was finnished and tryin to leave. i got the feeling he didn t want me to go just yet, well not till after 7 anyway.i did my best to get goin but he insisted on meaning less ,[time filling ]questions which i felt oblidged to answer.
i was expecting this right bull bater of a wife , but when she arrived i couldn t have been more wrong. small,petite, blonde and quite pretty.
but by god she turned into some bull bater .talk about gekyll and hyde.
the poor bloke broke down in tears in the middle of the interigation .i was biting my lip.really i know .....professionalism and so on,but when i got to the van i was crying myself, but with laughter.
when i got home i could n t even start the story, never mind tell it.

just ,the guy , "the brother",the broken stopcock , the slippery sander, them sharing the bath and the little wife that became the big monster.

well thats my story.was only writing a few lines. think i got a bit carried away.hop u enjoyed it i know i did

i m sure u have a better one.
make the effort for the craic..
lets not let the reccession be a complete downer.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
best one i ever had was a guy in the merchants i used at the time moaning he had bought all the stuff for his heating system installed it himself and it didnt work he was convinced they had sold him duff stuff and it couldnt possibly be his fault as he had been told how to do it by phone by his brother in jamacia who was an expert plumber
In the end as.a favour to the merchant .who was fed up with the guy and curious to see what was wrong i agree to pop in an have a look
when i got there sure enough there were new rads and it all loooked pretty well done
he then showed me the airing cupboard which also looked ok nice shiny new motorised valves pump stat wiring box all looked quite a pro job
"Ok wheres the boiler" i asked
"In there" he replied pointing back at the airing cupboard id just looked in "No i said not the cylinder the boiler "
"How do you mean the boiler" he asked with a puzzled look
Yep he had installed a complete system without a boiler thinking that the cylinder would heat it all
bet thing was i got the job to sort it out as he had had enough of the plumbing game

Should I or shouldnt I

Went to a friends house to fix his boiler, but he was away on work for the weekend and it was only his wife in, stunning looker, she phoned me to come over early because she was going out when I got there she was in the smallest baby doll nighty sitting on the kitchen stool giving me the big green light, Hardest job Ive ever been on, but I kept it professional, packed my tools and left. :(

back in the early eighties I was sent to do some work in a very large and posh country house. as me and my mate pulled up and got out of the van a very friendly and totally manic red setter greeted us, running around barking and going totally bonkers. We then knock on the door to be greeted cheerily by the lady of the house who lets us in, tells us to help ourselves to tea and coffee, we say thank you very much and start work.
All day were working away with this daft red setter bounding around us and all over the furniture and the beds, thinking it a bit strange she was letting her dog behave like this in such a nice house.
At the end of the day we pack our tools jump in the van and set of down the drive only to have the lady of the house come running out of the house calling and waving. so we back the van up thinking we might have left a leak or something worse, to find her asking why we were leaving our dog behind.
turned out the dog was from a local pub and notorious around the village

When i was working for a local private college a chippie asked me to do a kitchen sink and a few other bits on a private house around the corner so i agreed as a favour. Of course as we where doing the job in the evening it was a bit of a rush as we both had better thins to be doin.I removed the sink and sorted the new one out and the chippie sorted the work top. with the work top in place i got me head in the cuhttp://www.tilersforums.co.uk/showgroups.phppboard to solder a couple of fittings at this point i get a strong smell of evo stick as i looked up i realised dumb ( NO SWEARING ) chippie was sealing the sink hole with it BANG went the fumes and a ring of fire lapping up from the work top it was raging the chippie was nearly on his toes out the flat as there was no water at this time (i HAD IT SHUT OF ) he grabbed a kitchen clothe to try to put the flames out.the rag caught fire with the glue stuck to it he slings it on the floor and trys to stamp it out and it stuck to his foot so now hes dancing round the kitchen on fire as it turned out the fumes burnt of and the ring of fire stopped other than a bit of minnor scorching we got a way with it the owner was watching telly in the front room and didnt notice a thing

When i was working for a local private college a chippie asked me to do a kitchen sink and a few other bits on a private house around the corner so i agreed as a favour. Of course as we where doing the job in the evening it was a bit of a rush as we both had better thins to be doin.I removed the sink and sorted the new one out and the chippie sorted the work top. with the work top in place i got me head in the cupboard to solder a couple of fittings at this point i get a strong smell of evo stick as i looked up i realised dumb ( NO SWEARING ) chippie was sealing the sink hole with it BANG went the fumes and a ring of fire lapping up from the work top it was raging the chippie was nearly on his toes out the flat as there was no water at this time (i HAD IT SHUT OF ) he grabbed a kitchen clothe to try to put the flames out.the rag caught fire with the glue stuck to it he slings it on the floor and trys to stamp it out and it stuck to his foot so now hes dancing round the kitchen on fire as it turned out the fumes burnt of and the ring of fire stopped other than a bit of minnor scorching we got a way with it the owner was watching telly in the front room and didnt notice a thing

deadly story.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
the one about the red setter my favourite so far.

quality stories, can't think one myself right now, but does anyone else always let random cats into custs house, I'm forever doing it

just remembered one,
was doin a gas repipe in a house after a two gas leaks (lead pipes) had been identified anyway I was sitting under floor prepping some joints when heard scurrying , quick flash of lamp but couldn't see anything. Thought cant be doin with bloody rats while I'm workin. Again some scurrying, quick look around but cant see nout. Looked on floor and I'm thinking to myself cant see any usual signs of vermin, at which point this fookin massive black thing come running at me. I drop tools, scream like an almighty jessie and got out of the floor trap faster than ever before. The old dear hears the commotion and comes out all flustered. I calm her down (and try to calm myself) then I look back down the trap only to see the customers bloody black terrier looking quite puzzled back at me. Damn thing had followed me down, swear I've never papped myself as much as when I saw that thing run toward me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Doing a boiler change one day, heavey old thing baxi solo, removed all the pipes wires etc or so i thought and proceded to pull and tug it off the pins when it eventualy came away from the wall i had forgot to cut the pump cable, there i was stood with this boiler and no where to go and my tool box was just out of reach to get my pliers, so streaching with one foot and one hand balancing the boiler on my chest the boiler began to slip and ther was no stopping it bang it fell into the plastic sink, when i eventualy got it out the sink was broken in two 4 inch crack from one side to the other, holly pooper, LSX isnt going to fix that. Anyway when the customer came back i had to come clean, only to find out she was getting a new sink the next day. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to all plumbers !!! everyone has a funny story.lets hear yours in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock