Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Air vent? in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. weraz

weraz New Member

hi all

New to the forum and I am a diy homeowner doing as many various type improvements myself. Currently working in our downstairs cloakroom, wanting to lay a new floor and replace the sink and toilet. Excuse my ignorance, but not sure what this gray vertical pipe connection is? Looks like some kind of an air vent perhaps? Can I remove and it, break the floor out, install a 90deg bend and burry the toilet outlet pipe with a 90deg bend and run in the floor?

I’m on septic tank, perhaps it has to stay there....in that case I would need to cover/mask it somehow...

6B298ACF-964E-403D-807E-8EA457C4460A.jpeg

2. Craig Watson

Craig Watson Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

It's an air admittance valve and depending on how your waste system is piped up, it may need to stay there, although technically it should be higher up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

No I would leave it where it is you can box it in but need to put vents on to allow fresh air

• Like Like x 1
  4. weraz

weraz New Member

Many thanks!

5. steve crouch

steve crouch New Member

'inspection/rodding' access point?.

• Agree Agree x 1