Search the forum,

Discuss Air lock on hot water circs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Andyh

Gas Engineer
hiya fellas and gals ...
Any one got a genius idea to remove air lock from 28 mm gravity circs...
I've bled the air valve on circs it's just water... was thinking connect hose pipe upto mains and backfill.. not what a customer advised and hit it with hammer :(

hiya fellas and gals .
Any one got a genius idea to remove air lock from 28 mm gravity circs...
I've bled the air valve on circs it's just water... was thinking connect hose pipe upto mains and backfill.. not what a customer advised and hit it with hammer :(

The right answer is to run the pipework properly so it naturally vents.

Of course you can. Tell the Landlord I said it. I was going to suggest the same as Shaun and Simon but it could go very wrong. It could also (if it's Primatic) cause days of orange water.

That's why I worded it differently :D

Temporarily remove a convenient radiator on the affected circuit. Connect a circulating pump (and, if you've got one handy a magnetic filter) across its connections. Run the temporary circulating pump until everything is working. Bleed radiators. Remove temporary pump, replace and bleed radiator.

upload_2018-11-28_22-38-47.png

OH NO!
IS THAT YOUR CUSTOMER?

Thanks fellas ,, I considered ripping up two bedroom floors to correctly realign the circs :eek: however tried to boil it out for about an hour then back filled it from mains .. not sure which way cured it but it seemed to be sorted thanks for those who offered useful comments :)

Thanks fellas ,, I considered ripping up two bedroom floors to correctly realign the circs :eek: however tried to boil it out for about an hour then back filled it from mains .. not sure which way cured it but it seemed to be sorted thanks for those who offered useful comments :)
Why the big red X disagree???
That's the first I have been given and I don't know why.
If it's a joke, kindly remove it.

:D

I have a BAXI SOLO 30 HEA.and gravity system cen. heating. The red ignition lockout light is coming on now and then together with flashing green lights for electric feed and main burner on.Have already replaced grundfoss
pump, flue seal, temp. sensor. Any idea whats wrong?

I have a BAXI SOLO 30 HEA.and gravity system cen. heating. The red ignition lockout light is coming on now and then together with flashing green lights for electric feed and main burner on.Have already replaced grundfoss
pump, flue seal, temp. sensor. Any idea whats wrong?

How can you have a Gravity system with that Boiler?
Are you Gas Safe Registered?

Reply to Air lock on hot water circs in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old steel water mains pipe (approx 45mm) that I need to connect to a new pehd water mains (25mm). I can't get at it to create a new thread so what's the best way of connecting the two? Cheers, Peter
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock