Search the forum,

Discuss air lock in hot water system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumrob

With your help I have fixed my thermal store central heating system. However I seem to have air lock in hot water. All taps except bathroom give hot water. Bathroom is a dribble. have tried fixing washing machine hose to cold and hot fill to blast airlock. No success. Any other options?

Well your hot water should be main pressure through thermol store so should not have air lock,is it just one tap that is not working,if so could be tap or a bit of rubbish stuck in both taps
However as you was working on system last week,check no valve is closed to bathroom or not opened correctly :)

imho

Hello again.
yes it is only bathroom hot tap. All other work ok. Bathroom tap becomes an old man's dribble accompanied by knocking noise. have tried the mains cold to hot system using the washing machine pipe but no success.

Well if tap knocking and dribble, probably tap head faulty,do not know what taps you have maybe ` 'adapt a tap' or 'tap revivers' or 'standard tap' heads will fit or isolate water supply and remove head and see if jumper can be fixed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to air lock in hot water system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock