Search the forum,

Discuss Air in UFH nightmare in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Riley

Super Moderator
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Afternoon all, I am looking for a couple of pearls of wisdom if anybody can help me. Fitted a new boiler in a large house with nothing but underfloor heating. Install was absolutely fine but we are now suffering badly with air trapped in the system I just wondered if anybody had any good hints and tips for bleeding an underfloor system as it’s killing me. Cheers in advance

Open ends and a hose pipe or if the manifold has hose pipe connections use them

Do one zone at a time and give it a good run

Or you can run a shower pump and a bucket so you don't waste water

Can't you just pump around one circuit at a time until any air is passed through an aav then shut that one down and move onto the next?

Pump isn't strong enough

Bright spark original installer didn’t put in an aav and there is literally nowhere to cut one in as it’s all beautiful finished (idiots). Each manifold has a single hose point so I think Shaun’s idea may be my best bet. Such a pain in the backside though

Got to start from th beginning.
Isolat rhe manifold and turn all flow restrictors off. Connect mains hose and fill each loop, one at a time. Some manifolds need to have the pump removed to stop the water short cutting.
Allow a few hours and run each loop until it’s fresh water.
When finished, dose with biocide

Reply to Air in UFH nightmare in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

When I turn on our CH there's a lot of noise from one specific part of the system - the pipes on the landing, and one radiator. It sounds like air, and the landing radiator needs bleeding regularly (about once a month), even though it isn't the highest point in the system. The two upright rads...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Got a nightmare situation with a central heating system I recently adopted. It's an open vent system with a combined F&E pipe, with a Worcester greenstar danesmoor 18/25 oil boiler. Covers 10 radiators mostly large double panels, some towel rails and smaller rads too, as well as an...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented tank, zone vavles, pump, expansion is on first floor in airing cupboard - Currently piped as S-plan. - Hive controls. - Would like to fit 6-zone...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
D
Hi There Currently using a Panasonic Air to Water UFH heating system in a new build and appear to have some gremlins in the system 1 - I've noticed that the kitchen zone is always hot if any other zone in the building is on. What could be causing this? Additional info - I think it is not...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock