Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Air in UFH nightmare in the Underfloor Heating Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

Tags:
  1. Riley

Riley S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Afternoon all, I am looking for a couple of pearls of wisdom if anybody can help me. Fitted a new boiler in a large house with nothing but underfloor heating. Install was absolutely fine but we are now suffering badly with air trapped in the system I just wondered if anybody had any good hints and tips for bleeding an underfloor system as it’s killing me. Cheers in advance

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Open ends and a hose pipe or if the manifold has hose pipe connections use them

Do one zone at a time and give it a good run

Or you can run a shower pump and a bucket so you don't waste water

3. sammathias

sammathias Plumber GSR

Can't you just pump around one circuit at a time until any air is passed through an aav then shut that one down and move onto the next?

4. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Pump isn't strong enough

5. Riley

Riley S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Bright spark original installer didn’t put in an aav and there is literally nowhere to cut one in as it’s all beautiful finished (idiots). Each manifold has a single hose point so I think Shaun’s idea may be my best bet. Such a pain in the backside though

6. Chalked

Chalked Plumber GSR

Got to start from th beginning.
    Isolat rhe manifold and turn all flow restrictors off. Connect mains hose and fill each loop, one at a time. Some manifolds need to have the pump removed to stop the water short cutting.
    Allow a few hours and run each loop until it’s fresh water.
    When finished, dose with biocide

• Like Like x 1