Search the forum,

Discuss Agree or disagree :D in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaunCorbs

Super Moderator
Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Solutions
found this and had to laugh

IMG_3336.PNG

Sounds a tad steep, but he who is working Christmas Day probably deserves it. The customer's age is irrelevant: my grandmother lived to a similar age and was one of the few people in my family who could easily afford to pay that.
And, no, I don't agree. That is nowhere near £453.50 an hour.

I copied idiot Bill’s post onto “gas chat “on facebook
You aught to see the replies lol .
Theres a contract out on Bill .

What winds a lot of folk up (including me), is the daft calculations.
I mean going off Bill's working out the Plumber is on £3708 per 8 hour day !

The 20 minute thing ?
If she lived next door and you got a Bahco in your cracker, maybe.

Well didn't get a response to join the Preston group. Apparently his message has been removed.

I got a call from a customer to my mobile this Christmas Day in the morning about a boiler breakdown.
It was only a 5 minute drive away and I knew it was highly likely to be a one minute fix, so I gladly did it for the very elderly man.
He paid me £20 for my callout. :p
That works out £1200 per hour at Bills calculations though!

No by Star Trek teleporter.
Who really wants to be out over Christmas. I've been out on calls every day except Christmas Day. To be honest I'd b looking for near €200 for call. I'm based outa Dublin. I'd only go out for repeat customers at this time of the year.
Don't need the agro off d missus

I bet the poor plumber had already explained the charges.This is the reason people struggle to get a plumber when they need one - People put next to no value on your time so your better off not answering the phone on xmas day - let some other poor plumber take the flak!

People put next to no value on your time so your better off not answering the phone on xmas day
Totally agree!
People will waste your unpaid time for fun, they are probably the same one who complain that your paid hours are too expensive.

Some people genuinely haven't a clue - and need enlightening!

Then again, said plumber could charge another customer double that rate next year and they couldn't be more happy - tip, bottle of plonk, text later in the day to tell you how grateful they are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Agree or disagree :D in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock