Search the forum,

Discuss AFTER MAIN WATER FILTER INSTALLATION PRESSURE GOING DOWN in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

https://*********/a/RBRXHyg
Hi Everyone i just installed to plumber main water pipe water filter system. But right now pressure goes down more than %60 and hot water not reach to shower.
What is the solutions for it except take out of course :)

Thanks

https://i.*********/ygOEHWx.jpg

To be honest thats pretty Sod poor.

Did you not look at pressure drops through filters before hand?

Firstly get rid of that 22mm cheapo ball valve and fit a full bore lever valve.

Then it looks like it goes into steel.

You could feed into a break tank and Then boost from that.

Is it mains? Spring? Or bore hole?

Hi Simon before pressure was great. After installation by plumber i check again for few second it was same , i paid him and he left. But little while later i try to use water constantly and that time i release water pressure goes down after 10 second later.

I dont get your last question about mains, spring or bole?

without break tank look like using this system is useless right? What about booster or pump can work to increase pressure? but i have standard combi boiler not any tank before or after?

Yes it is 15mm it was like this before i bought this house. Before owner or someone else install like this i dont know why :)

Looks like 15mm copper than goes into 1/2" iron.
As Simon, remove the restricting 22mm service valve.
Then if the pressure is still poor remove all 3 filters from the housings and screw the casings back on.
If the pressure improves try 1 then 2 filters .

What grade are the filters 15, 10, 5 microns?

What was the reason for the filters being fitted?

I will remove the all filters tomorrow but i want to use it for further if i found solutions to not loose pressure. Also i guess even get rid of this filters this 15mm pipe cause to loose pressure as well is it?

First things first. Is the stop-cock fully open? Close it fully then open it fully, which will typically be eight or so half-turns, then close half a turn.

Christ, really.......

What is the issue with water quality to warrant all these filters?

The pressure drop across the filters should have been looked at prior to installation & also the pre install pressure & flows should have been evaluated as well.

As the filter blocks up the flow reduces thus giving you an indication of reqmt for change or can be done annually maybe if water quality is good enough.

Maybe as the irish would say for the filters - "to be sure, to be sure, to be sure"..................

I would say you are in the UK by looking at the emergency number on the gas meter so surely the x3 water filters are not needed.

Also mentioned as above the gas meter ECV falls to on.
WRONG WAY... Should fall to off for safety. (Clock face - 3 o'clock or 9 o'clock position as you look at the handle - not 6 o'clock or 12 o'clock position).

Your pipework is a right mishmash.

As all have mentioned above - Stopcock (sizing - why not replaced at time of work), isolation valve (is it full bore - why not have a full bore lever valve - a lot easier to use & good flow - no restriction) & then the compression adaptor reducer taking it from 22mm to 15mm & then up to 3/4" maybe - pic not great).

You need to do what other guys have advised above and then i would suggest a re-think of filters & pipework to get the most out of what the water supplier can deliver.

Hope this helps you out,

Thanks,

Andy

First things first. Is the stop-cock fully open? Close it fully then open it fully, which will typically be eight or so half-turns, then close half a turn.

I will double check if its not will open and check again if result is same i will remove this filters for now :(

Also mentioned as above the gas meter ECV falls to on.
WRONG WAY... Should fall to off for safety. (Clock face - 3 o'clock or 9 o'clock position as you look at the handle - not 6 o'clock or 12 o'clock position).

its strange :) i never touch that since move here i will double check thanks for tips ;)

Reply to AFTER MAIN WATER FILTER INSTALLATION PRESSURE GOING DOWN in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock