Search the forum,

Discuss aeration , causes , remedies in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted808

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Recently went to house for CP12- and I had a while you are here could you look at....

• :crazy:
the cold supply to the bathroom upstairs, ( HWC / airing cub and CWSC / loft ) has no pressure - sure enough the water trickled out. So I went into the loft - tank full + ball valve working.
Mixer taps in bathroom and all pipework boxed in good n proper. mmm scratch scratch ...
ok disconnected cold supply to CWSC and temp connected to cold supplying bathroom,
( basin bath + loo ...) water on NO PROBLEM so no blockage.
Reconnect and same problem no flow.
Then made a permanent connection, cold now on mains pressure. Super as shower is electric anyway.
After this I wanted to know why and how come, so I asked around.
Then someone told me about aeration. This is when - correct me if I'm wrong - a ball valve - likely loo, no longer seals when 'off ' and air is sucked in, making the flow low? or creating an air lock...
My questions: r this - if this is the case should I go back to the property and change the wc ball valve washer , will it affect the water now that the cold is on mains- i.e. is this a bad thing? AND how can you test if it aeration happening - for future ref ..
never heard of this before so am puzzled and for any one shedding light ...
you are a diamond!! :devilish:

no one heard of this ffffnnomina ?
no one?
REALLY?

-ve could cause air to come in from a number of places. Fit a deaerator and go down the VDI 2035 route if it suits you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to aeration , causes , remedies in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, Could someone please explain if this set up is normal and what changed: Stopcock under kitchen sink turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Stopcock in kitchen wall panel turns off cold water supply in kitchen only Red gate valve in airing cupboard next to bathroom turns off...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I turned my cold water feed off in the airing cupboard which supplies only cold water to my bathroom but it also turned the water to my toilet off is that a correct set up? Because it didn't used to before the stop valve in airing cupboard only turned off the cold water supply to...
Replies
Views
Where and how does the water supply work and is there only one rising main pipe and where is it usually located? I am top floor flat, mains fed supply and all 6 in the block have a shared rising main pipe (I think unless there is meant to be more than one). Kitchen: From the ground floor to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Is this set up correct: Attic stop valve turns off the cold water to my bathroom (I think it is the rising main in the attic which I and other residents in the building share as we have shared supply to bathrooms and kitchens) Under kitchen sink stop valve turns off cold water in...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I need to replace the kitchen tap, all my neighbours have two single taps in their kitchen and bathroom whereas I have a single lever tap in the bathroom and kitchen. Due to living in a flat and having a shared water supply I was advised to get a dual flow tap for the kitchen so...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock