Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Advise please on shower mixer in the Valves & Taps area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. 64degrees

64degrees GSR

Spot on as usual Corbs, could end up with an expensive burnt out pump if the hot feed isn’t piped correctly from the cylinder. Get your G3 and go with an unvented, admittedly it’s more money upfront, but the customer will be happy, and you won’t get called back

2. Tom Barry

Tom Barry New Member

Looks like its been T'd off on top of tank -first image

3. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Yes that's wrong it needs the correct kit

4. SalamanderPumps

SalamanderPumps New Member

If you need any assistance our technical team are here to help! Give us a call on 0191 516 2002. Thanks

5. Tom Barry

Tom Barry New Member

I'll check it tomorrow to make sure I thought that looked odd
    cheers

6. Tom Barry

Tom Barry New Member

Good to know cheers

7. Tom Barry

Tom Barry New Member

Hi as to the flange I checked it today it's t'd off on top of the hot water tank ,I know it should have its own dedicated flange but this is not my work- I've just been ask to sort the shower out .Owner's back soon see if she go's for new pump or just leave the shower head low that's working stop gap (thanks Best )
    cheers

• Like Like x 1
  8. YorkshireDave

YorkshireDave Plumber Top Contributor!!

The teeing off is not really a prob. The point of a flange is to reduce air ingress and having it teed as is minimises air hugely. What IS wrong however is no dedicated CW feed from the tank.

Gate valves often calcify and cause reduced flow (especially on the hot) so my own first port of call would be replace those with full bore lever and to test flow rates before replacing the pump wholesale. I would also check the showers filters at the time of the valve changes to try to maximise flow as is.

IIRC those pumps had a negative head kit avail AND could be rebuilt but I'd want to know Why? first.

9. Best

Best Trusted Plumber Top Contributor!!

Agree with above ^^ - make sure all filters clean and valves full flowing before you make a decision.
    Some pumps will not start on hot until cold is first selected due to filters partially blocked on hot supply.

• Agree Agree x 1