Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Checkout our Plumbers Insurance area - heavily discounted Public Liability Insurance and Van Insurance specifically designed for plumbers.

Discuss Advise on wages for bathroom fitter. in the Plumbing Forum area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. Dominic Barron

Dominic Barron New Member

Hi im new to this forum and I'm just looking for abit of advise really

Ive been working for the same company for about 5 years now. Been there through all my apprenticeship. Mainly doing bathroom fitting..
    Im 22 years old.
    Im a fully qualified nvq 2 plumber. (Been fitting bathrooms on my own since 2015)
    I can dry line, dot and dab. Do basic joinery and tile as well as normal plumbing procedures.

I feel im not being paid enough for what i do.. bareing in mind the manual handling of my job.. nearly every job we do we take plaster off and go right back to brick work... so its a really hard working job...

I dont drive so i understand you get more for driving. I get dropped off on the job and get taking back home by the company. As i live local to the company...

I have all my own tools and gear for doing the job, the company just supplies materials..

Im just wondering how much you think i should be getting paid a week for doing such work... i always work late where needed.

Its just for some ideas before i jump the gun about asking for a wage increase.

Cheers guys

2. oz-plumber

oz-plumber Plumber

Ballpark figure of what your on at the moment.
    - Hourly rate?

3. Craig Watson

Craig Watson Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Depends how good of a job you do and how valuable you are to your company. Do you get many call backs to your work, do you finish your jobs on time and to a high standard. As above, what you on now? If you really feel your underpaid, have a sit down with your boss, explain how your feel and why you think you deserve more.

4. Dominic Barron

I very rarely get call backs.. and always get good reviews about my work from the customers. Jobs are done on time... if not ealier then expected.. and i get 270 a week after tax...

5. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber

Where are you? Wages vary up and down the country.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Darren Jackson

Darren Jackson Plumber GSR

I would say that's' about average for a bathroom fitter. What are your co-workers getting paid?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dominic Barron

Bradford. But we cover yorkshire

8. Dominic Barron

There is only me who is fully qualified

9. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Do you do the entire bathroom or the labouring?

Can you get. Driving licences?

10. Dominic Barron

I do a bathroom start to finish... and i cant afford to do my driving..

11. Darren Jackson

Darren Jackson Plumber GSR

Not a bad rate on the books for Bradford, But if your not happy then as previously suggested you should sit down with your boss and ask to re-negotiate your hourly rate or negotiate a monthly bonus for jobs completed on time and no comeback etc...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

Or even just giving you your driving license. You may have to sign something to say that you will not leave after you have passed for a couple of years.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. scott_d

scott_d Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

I would say you are paid as a labourer but if you can’t drive you don’t have much leverage

• Agree Agree x 4
  14. rpm

rpm Trusted Plumber

£270 after tax is how much before tax, what it your gross figure?

• Like Like x 2
  15. oz-plumber

oz-plumber Plumber

Are you a full time employee with all the benefits or are you only paid for the work you do?